• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think we all got a bit of cancer just looking at that picture.

Really useful as a termite barrier, beyond that not so much. Persistence is both it's value and it's curse as most of the regulations that came from it's use are about it's longevity. Much like DDT it was used widely at first and then restricted. Still manufactured today.

Things like permethrin and carbamates are toxic, but not persistent.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Had an awesome dog named Joe, 1/4 GS and 3/4 Doberman and when he was a pup he got too close to some firewood with those ********. He could hold a grudge and the rest of his life he hated them. He would bite them out of the air if they got close enough. I still miss that dog. Jim.
    We have a blue heeler that hates the bees and will bite them, too. Actually, he hates a lot of things. :D But he's starting to get old and lazy, like his owners...:whistle:

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Pileated woodpeckers have punched a nice hole in my wooden mailbox post the last couple of years to get at the bee larvae laid within.
    I've used my wicked racquetball backswing to take out 19 so far this year. Record is 33. You need patience to wait for them to get within range, but they will, and then whammo! Follow that up with a curb stomp. Bee carcasses litter my street.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My dog would snap them out of the air and eat 'em until I take down the racket. Then he would just follow me around and jump on them when they hit the ground and eat 'em. I figured they must be sweet.

He also started twirling around one time chasing a horse fly in circles until he fell off the bridge. LOL, didn't hurt him any.

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    I prefer to use my Wilson Tennis racket for added fun. Traditional ways to kill them are boring. And here I thought I was the only one.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nearly all the house is stone, steel, glass or plastic so not much for the bees to chew on. As was mentioned upstream the combination bee and woodpecker damage to the shooting table did not help it.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Pileated woodpeckers have punched a nice hole in my wooden mailbox post the last couple of years to get at the bee larvae laid within.
    I've used my wicked racquetball backswing to take out 19 so far this year. Record is 33. You need patience to wait for them to get within range, but they will, and then whammo! Follow that up with a curb stomp. Bee carcasses litter my street.
    New record now 34

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Had an awesome dog named Joe, 1/4 GS and 3/4 Doberman and when he was a pup he got too close to some firewood with those ********. He could hold a grudge and the rest of his life he hated them. He would bite them out of the air if they got close enough. I still miss that dog. Jim.
    My Belgian Sheepdog will likewise pluck anything out of the air he can. Hoping we don't get many cicdias... bad thing is, he has a sensitive stomach.

Top Bottom