• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Fun place to shoot and an easy 1hr drive from the east side of Indy. I ended up buying the year membership and I plan on shooting there a lot. This is going to be a little long winded, but thorough.

The good:
    • They guy that runs it, Brett, is pretty cool and very interested in hearing feedback and evolving the range. They've been around for a minute, but it seemed like turning it into an active commercial range is still in progress. Both good and bad comes with that lack of maturity.
    • There's steel everywhere. None at 100, but plans for it. But 3 sizes at 200, 400, 600, and 2 sizes at 1000 and 1200, and at 1325. Why no 800? The 800 yard line sits in a swail, and would wash out. Still talk of "figuring it out".
    • All the targets are concrete backed with mulch piled in front. There was some debate if the mulch was good or bad for calling misses. I thought it was pretty easy to see.
    • There's 2 shooting levels, with the upper being a wooden deck 12' up. The deck is that green turf, but has good padding under it. No shooting mat needed. This also gives good shade to the lower level which is gravel.
    • The facility is still developing, but used to be a munitions shop for 30mm. There's restrooms and plenty of room to add to the offering. Talk of a "cleaning room", a "sight in room", etc. A lodge is available on Air BnB as well as camping.
    • Hit lights are on almost all the steel now too.

The bad:
    • That turf deck is bouncy. If anyone took a step it was all but impossible to keep your crosshairs on target. That lack of stability was frustrating.
    • It wasn't too hot of a day, but that turf also gets hot fast in the sun. I'll be taking an ez-up, but will more likely shoot from the ground in the future.
    • On the lower level, on the right end of the firing line, you can't see the 1000yd target.
    • The lower level is gravel and looked less than smooth. A quick grading would fix that, but concrete would be better.
    • On either side are metal shipping containers. You can shoot from inside the containers if the weather is crappy, but I can only image the sound if you aren't suppressed.
    • Wind is a bit tricky. There's a tree line close down the left side, but only out to about 175yd. After that, it opens up. We had a crosswind from the left and it was almost nothing at 200, but 6moa at 1000.
    The funny:
    A guy showed up with a new Barrett M82. Never shot it, so a few of us took turns on the trigger as it was brought in. I pointed it at the center of the mulch at the 200yd target and ended up hitting the 6" plate. It spun at least a dozen times!

Zdub720

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2024
    Noblesville
    Review is spot on, I think Brett will continue to evolve and seems open to everyone’s idea. Also… that 200 yard shot was a blast . The longer I read this the faster I realized who it was typing it.

Zdub720

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2024
    Noblesville
    I’m just trying to get my numbers up here so I can reply to the for sale ads. There’s a couple things I want but can’t reply to them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I’m just trying to get my numbers up here so I can reply to the for sale ads. There’s a couple things I want but can’t reply to them.
    Hi there! KellyinAvon here, staff member, moderator, 2A advocate, etc.

Well, you are honest about it anyway. Please take time to review the site and classified rules, links are found in my signature line.

While you’re looking for the links, you’ll also see the statement, come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know Zdub. Stand up guy, and even though he's currently in the "race to 50", he'll be a welcome addition.
    Having reviewed the 4 posts of @Zdub720 ... there are still 4 posts.

While it is easier to fork over $20 and become a site supporter? I can see the "play within the rules and get to 50" approach.

Top Bottom