• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DagerOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Does anyone have any experience with this company? From what I can tell (which isn't much), they're a shop in Alabama that is apparently making their own holsters and sell almost exclusively on eBay. They do have some sales on gunbroker.com, and the feedback there has been positive. Their eBay ads claim that they are American-made.

Here is a link to one of their holsters (and the one I'd be interested in): Small V- SHOULDER HOLSTER fits GLOCK 17 19 20 21 23 31 - eBay (item 200517300037 end time Oct-07-10 21:05:25 PDT)

Basically, I'm looking for a reasonably-well-built Glock 19 vertical shoulder holster for occasional use, preferably American-made, that won't break the bank. I'm also looking at the Uncle Mike's Pro-Pak, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I really don't like nylon holsters of any kind, but I especially hate nylon shoulder rigs, they simply slide around to much & you're always adjusting & readjusting them.

IMHO it's worth the extra dough to pony up for a good leather shoulder holster like Galco's VHS rig, it'll be way more comfortable & if you take care of it, it should last you a life time.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    You do get what you pay for, thats for sure!
    I would save up and get something "quality" the first time.
    Why waste your money on something you may not like.

DagerOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Galco makes great holsters, no question. If this was something I was intending to use day in and day out, that's exactly what I'd buy. However, in this case, I'm looking for something for light, very occasional use (perhaps 2-3 times in a year, if that). It's hard for me to justify the expense of a Galco in this situation. Nylon holsters certainly aren't amazing, but I believe they have their place and I think this is one of them, which is why I'm giving them a look.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I really don't like nylon holsters of any kind, but I especially hate nylon shoulder rigs, they simply slide around to much & you're always adjusting & readjusting them.

IMHO it's worth the extra dough to pony up for a good leather shoulder holster like Galco's VHS rig, it'll be way more comfortable & if you take care of it, it should last you a life time.

Big +1 on every word of this.

If you're going to wear it EVER, skip the nylon altogether.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    I have to agree with all the above!!! You do get what you pay for.

Do you really want to trust you weapon which cost you a bunch of dollars in something that only cost you a few. Even if it is for that occasional use... you want to trust it to hold and stand up to anything that could happen. It is a simple as a cheap snap to come loose... Nylon rips, stretches, and the quality is usually lacking. IMO...

You invested in quality... keep it in the same!

ajbauer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2018
    Copley
    I only have a couple each of Kimber and Sig 1911’s but I purchased and love the Skyball Mountain vertical shoulder Holster I got on EBay. I have a couple Desantis, Galco, etc. and kydex IWB holsters which have ended-up twisting in my waist by the end of the day. I am not obese. I am 6’ & go about 195 lbs. The Skyball Mountain vertical shoulder holster cost me about $42. Half as much as the others. If you think that you get what you pay for, you go that route and end-up with a bunch of expensive holsters in your safe that you cannot use! I have a bunch of C.P. , M.M. & imitations along with numerous kydex IWB’s in my safe I would give away to make room! They were at least $80 each and have dropped guns! No more!

Take it all with a grain of salt as it is a matter of preference! I just happen to really like this Shoulder rig. The Skyball Mountain has clips instead of metal snaps as well.

Last edited:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I only have a couple each of Kimber and Sig 1911Â’s but I purchased and love the Skyball Mountain shoulder Holster I got on EBay. I have a couple Desantis, Galco, etc. and kydex IWB holsters which have ended-up twisting in my waist by the end of the day. I am not obese. I am 6Â’ & go about 195 lbs. The Skyball Mountain vertical shoulder holster cost me about $42. Half as much as the others. If you think that you get what you pay for, you go that route and end-up with a bunch of expensive holsters in your safe that you cannot use!

A 7 year first post bump eh? Weird.

Top Bottom