• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ok, so Im looking for some sort of lockbox or safe to mount under the seat of my F150, as there are times that Im going to need to lock it up, and there is nowhere in the truck to do so. Anyone got any references or sites they use?

Dimensions are 6" tall, 16" wide 10" deep... Would prefer something front opening, that I can bolt down in the cab.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Google "Secure It" pistol security box or "Gunvault". These are two brands and styles. The secure it box comes with a cable that you loop around something sturdy like the seat rails and then put the other loop over the latch in the security box, close and lock it. If you don't put the loop over the latch it's not as secure. Gander Mt has a different brand beside "Secure It" which might be made a little sturdier, but I bought the "Secure it" and it has worked fine.
    Right now Bradis II has the "Secure It" boxes for about $22 and Midway has them listed for $20. Grander Mt's are about $34. Good Luck and let us know what you get.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Thanks for the help Rayne. It will probably be a couple weeks, but I just figured the sooner I did my homework on it, the better informed I could be. But if Im only looking a small amount like that, heck it may be my days off next week. Will post up pics when I get it/install it.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I use the combination lock Secure-It boxes in all my vehicles. The box has a cable that you can loop around something solid. There are a couple of holes in the bottom of the box that I suppose could be used to bolt it to something solid. Boxes aren't safes, but certainly better than the glove box.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Here are a couple pictures of the "Secure It" box that I just got from Bradis II. As you can see from the pictures it's just for one gun. It opens up flat for easy access. Right now I have my "Judge Public Defender" in it along with extra shells. When it's closed up, nothing moves around in it. I got the full size box which is 9.5" x 6.5" x 1.75". There are videos on Youtube that will show you how they work, but again don't forget to loop the end of the cable around the latch (or should I say latch receiver) or it won't be as secure. A couple of the videos I saw on Youtube, the guy didn't do that. No wonder it's gotten some bad reviews, if that's the way people use them.
    188_3056.jpg

188_3058.jpg

188_3062.jpg

188_3059.jpg

Top Bottom