Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Grandmaster U.S. Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    AK adapter for an AR stock

    I saw an adapter that allows the use of an AR stock on an AK rifle. I just do not remember where i saw it now. I'm pondering going that direction on my AK. I'm wanting to shorten the length of pull, but I do not like the OEM style AK stocks. I was thinking along the lines of a 6 position AR stock. My question is, do the adapters work, if so how well? Also where can you buy them, and are they stock specific?

  2. #2
    Master mammynun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    New Albany
    CAA makes them in plastic/polymer and aluminum. Here's the 1st link that popped up: Command Arms AKT Aluminum Tube for AK

    I have the Vltor that I got from Brownells... lots of other people carry them too, but many are out of stock. Vltor Weapons Systems -Modstock Accessories and Components (4th product down).

    Many people report that the CAA has a gap(s) where it enters the receiver; all I can say is that the Vltor comes with shims that eliminate any gaps. The Vltor also has QD sling mounts on both sides of the tube. It's a well built piece.

    I push back.

  3. #3
    Certified Glock Nut shooter521's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The VLTOR adapter. I has them.

    They work well, and are the only adapter I recommend for putting an adjustable stock on an AK.
    "The good old days weren't always good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems" Billy Joel

  4. #4
    Master vitamink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I have the caa and it's great but will usually require some grinding to fit. I've seen the vltor and i'm equally impressed. I think the vltor has recesses for sling swivels and the CAA has rings for sling hooks if that matters to you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts