• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Bulgie Circle 10s are nice but pricey. Stay far, far away from the cheap bulgie "bullet" mags. I can't recall the name of the new poly ones that are US made that Gabe pushes on Warriortalk. They sound fine but pricey still.

Unless you're dealing with compliance issues just stick with surplus steel mags... check aimsurplus for reliably good prices.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The bulgy circle 10's are the best mags i have. You can add american floor plates and springs if you are so inclined. I also have some u.s. palm mags and they fare pretty well too. I like the 992r aspect, kinda iffy on the no remove floor plate, but i've never had an issue with them and they're solid as hell.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have several of the Bulgarian bullet mags and have no problems with them. Also have several Tapco mags that I really like. And last but not least have some standard metal mags also with no problems.

Einstein

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    I bought two to try them out. Then I ordered 8 more.. these mags rock.. They work best with 46 rounds as the last few are very tight. Never had a jam or misfeed.

CDDNSports has them for $9.99 each.. get them while you can.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    The bulgy circle 10's are the best mags i have. You can add american floor plates and springs if you are so inclined. I also have some u.s. palm mags and they fare pretty well too. I like the 992r aspect, kinda iffy on the no remove floor plate, but i've never had an issue with them and they're solid as hell.

QFT. ((10)) waffles are my 1st string, followed closely by the US Palms. I like the Bulgy slab side, metal lined feed lip mags that K-Var just brought in. They have a good look to them but don't feel as strong as the waffle or US Palms.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    You can't go wrong with steel surplus mags either. You can get them for $10 each or less if you look. Go for the chinese flat back versions if you can find them. aimsurplus is where I get most of my metal mags.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm really digging the US Palms right now. Second choice being ((10)), ((21)), or my Russian plum. Steel ones work flawlessly, but get a little heavy, especially the Yugo LRBHO's.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    my only thing with the US palm mags, if I'm going to spend $30 on a poly mag, Im going to buy a bulgy ((10)) mag all day. They are better built, have steel reinforcement in all the places needed, and you can take them apart to clean/change parts if needed. For the same money, bulgy gets mine.

otherwise, there really isn't that much difference in weight from a steel flat back chicom mag to a bulgy ((10)) mag.

The steel mags are the standard by which all others are judged.

Mags in order of preference:

1) steel mags from eastern block country, or China. Why? cost, and proven reliability.
    2) bulgy circle 10 mags.
    3) Bakelite mags. These are just as good as the first two, but their cost makes them more of a collector than a shooter.
    4) US palm.
    5) commercial mags like tapco, and bulgy bullet mags.

The first 3 are IMO equal in every way except price. #4 looses out due to cost vs. features.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    my only thing with the US palm mags, if I'm going to spend $30 on a poly mag, Im going to buy a bulgy ((10)) mag all day. They are better built, have steel reinforcement in all the places needed, and you can take them apart to clean/change parts if needed. For the same money, bulgy gets mine.
    I understand where you are coming from. But from the US Palm fanboy, they are getting cheaper, seen them as low as $20 on sale and I think $23 as a more everyday price. Also they are steel reinforced just not in he feedlips. I think that's not 100% necessary in polymer mags, I DO think an AK mag needs metal reinforced lugs. I like the lack of floorplate, one less part to worry about from both 922r and reliability.

Top Bottom