Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fobus holsters

User Info Menu

Fobus holsters

I just ordered a Fobus 360 roto paddle holster for my new to arrive on tuesday Walther P99DAOc 40sw. It said it will fit all p99 Walthers and the one I bought is a compact P99 with the only change being a slightly shorter barrel and grip so I figured it should work fine. Has any members had experience with this style and make holster?

Common sense is not that common.

User Info Menu

Don't have the rotating one or one for that gun, but I do have a standard one for my G19. People knock them, but I must say, I like it.

User Info Menu

good price

Quote Originally Posted by NateIU10 View Post
    Don't have the rotating one or one for that gun, but I do have a standard one for my G19. People knock them, but I must say, I like it.
    Bought it on Ebay for $24.99 with free shipping; suggested retail was $34 so if I don't like it I can sell it and it will only cost me a few bucks to give it a try.

User Info Menu

Fobus makes a good "keep it off the ground" holster, but there are more quality holsters out there for everyday carry.

I've used the non-roto version for a basic pistol class once, and at the range a few times. I hear the roto version sticks out from the body quite a bit, so they're usually a no-go for CC, even with a sweatshirt.

Be careful that the holster isn't inclined to come out with the gun during presentations. And don't expect it to hold up if someone REALLY wants it from you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ]YouTube - Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster[/ame]

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by esrice View Post
    Fobus makes a good "keep it off the ground" holster, but there are more quality holsters out there for everyday carry.

I've used the non-roto version for a basic pistol class once, and at the range a few times. I hear the roto version sticks out from the body quite a bit, so they're usually a no-go for CC, even with a sweatshirt.
    I have the GL2B, and I use it when I am not using my MTAC. I like it a lot, and have no issues with it. It does it's job, but isn't the prettiest looking thing out there. Very good retention, and have never had it pull out from my waistband when the weapon is drawn.

My brother has (had) a roto. He didn't like it because it stuck out so much further than a standard Fobus.

User Info Menu

First of all, that video is before Fobus addressed the issue and reinforced it with meta. Secondly, the man wearing the pistol appears to help the man push down to break the paddle. Lastly, he leaves himself wide open for the grab.

ETA: When I OC the Glock 19, it's in a fobus GL2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NateIU10 View Post
    Secondly, the man wearing the pistol appears to help the man push down to break the paddle.
    Putting your hand on top of your weapon and pushing it down into the holster is a common retention technique used to combat gun-grabs.

User Info Menu

i got the rotating one with the button you have to push to draw the pistol and It is awesome. i got lucky cause the guy at pop guns marked for 8 bucks so i bought it on the spot. thankfully it was for the the pistol i got.

User Info Menu

I had the rotating fobus for my G19, and ended up selling it and getting the fixed cant one for 2 reasons
    -Rotated to easily. just bending over could cause it to rotate. maybe i was doing something wrong?
    -stuck out too far. it was alot thicker than a standard fobus

I like fobus for the range, but if I was carrying in public I would choose a nice IWB or a leather owb with a thumb break depending on the situation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I had the rotating fobus for my G19, and ended up selling it and getting the fixed cant one for 2 reasons
    -Rotated to easily. just bending over could cause it to rotate. maybe i was doing something wrong?
    -stuck out too far. it was alot thicker than a standard fobus

I like fobus for the range, but if I was carrying in public I would choose a nice IWB or a leather owb with a thumb break depending on the situation.
    I paid $24.99 with free shipping, and it said it is optional to use the rotating part or you can use a clip instead. Is this the same you had? Says the rotation locks. I guess I will know once it gets here.

WALTHER P99
    360 ROTO Paddle Holster by Fobus
    FACTORY NEW & DIRECT!

Retail Price: $35.99
    Unique Fobus Roto-Holster rotates 360 degrees and adjusts easily for cross-draw, bodyguard/driver, small-of-the-back, and strong-side carries. Our patented locking adjustment allows the firearm either a forward or rearward cant, with our Proven Retention System.

The Roto holster is lightweight, with a flexible two-piece design for maximum strength and all-day comfort. Your choice of an easily interchangable paddle or belt loop attachment is included, and extra attachments are sold separately.
    Right hand draw only / WA99RP
    Fits all Walther 99s (QA DAO SA ect)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast