• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I just ordered a Fobus 360 roto paddle holster for my new to arrive on tuesday Walther P99DAOc 40sw. It said it will fit all p99 Walthers and the one I bought is a compact P99 with the only change being a slightly shorter barrel and grip so I figured it should work fine. Has any members had experience with this style and make holster?

wa99rp.jpg

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Don't have the rotating one or one for that gun, but I do have a standard one for my G19. People knock them, but I must say, I like it.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    good price

Don't have the rotating one or one for that gun, but I do have a standard one for my G19. People knock them, but I must say, I like it.

Bought it on Ebay for $24.99 with free shipping; suggested retail was $34 so if I don't like it I can sell it and it will only cost me a few bucks to give it a try.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Fobus makes a good "keep it off the ground" holster, but there are more quality holsters out there for everyday carry.

I've used the non-roto version for a basic pistol class once, and at the range a few times. I hear the roto version sticks out from the body quite a bit, so they're usually a no-go for CC, even with a sweatshirt.

Be careful that the holster isn't inclined to come out with the gun during presentations. And don't expect it to hold up if someone REALLY wants it from you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ]YouTube - Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster[/ame]

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Fobus makes a good "keep it off the ground" holster, but there are more quality holsters out there for everyday carry.

I've used the non-roto version for a basic pistol class once, and at the range a few times. I hear the roto version sticks out from the body quite a bit, so they're usually a no-go for CC, even with a sweatshirt.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ
    I have the GL2B, and I use it when I am not using my MTAC. I like it a lot, and have no issues with it. It does it's job, but isn't the prettiest looking thing out there. Very good retention, and have never had it pull out from my waistband when the weapon is drawn.

My brother has (had) a roto. He didn't like it because it stuck out so much further than a standard Fobus.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    First of all, that video is before Fobus addressed the issue and reinforced it with meta. Secondly, the man wearing the pistol appears to help the man push down to break the paddle. Lastly, he leaves himself wide open for the grab.

ETA: When I OC the Glock 19, it's in a fobus GL2

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Secondly, the man wearing the pistol appears to help the man push down to break the paddle.

Putting your hand on top of your weapon and pushing it down into the holster is a common retention technique used to combat gun-grabs.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i got the rotating one with the button you have to push to draw the pistol and It is awesome. i got lucky cause the guy at pop guns marked for 8 bucks so i bought it on the spot. thankfully it was for the the pistol i got.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I had the rotating fobus for my G19, and ended up selling it and getting the fixed cant one for 2 reasons
    -Rotated to easily. just bending over could cause it to rotate. maybe i was doing something wrong?
    -stuck out too far. it was alot thicker than a standard fobus

I like fobus for the range, but if I was carrying in public I would choose a nice IWB or a leather owb with a thumb break depending on the situation.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I had the rotating fobus for my G19, and ended up selling it and getting the fixed cant one for 2 reasons
    -Rotated to easily. just bending over could cause it to rotate. maybe i was doing something wrong?
    -stuck out too far. it was alot thicker than a standard fobus

I like fobus for the range, but if I was carrying in public I would choose a nice IWB or a leather owb with a thumb break depending on the situation.

I paid $24.99 with free shipping, and it said it is optional to use the rotating part or you can use a clip instead. Is this the same you had? Says the rotation locks. I guess I will know once it gets here.

WALTHER P99
    360 ROTO Paddle Holster by Fobus
    FACTORY NEW & DIRECT!
    WA99.jpg

Retail Price: $35.99
    Unique Fobus Roto-Holster rotates 360 degrees and adjusts easily for cross-draw, bodyguard/driver, small-of-the-back, and strong-side carries. Our patented locking adjustment allows the firearm either a forward or rearward cant, with our Proven Retention System.

The Roto holster is lightweight, with a flexible two-piece design for maximum strength and all-day comfort. Your choice of an easily interchangable paddle or belt loop attachment is included, and extra attachments are sold separately.
    Right hand draw only / WA99RP
    Fits all Walther 99s (QA DAO SA ect)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For $25, I think you will get your value out of it.

No holster is perfect. Most everyone I know has to get through at least 4 or 5 before finding one that really works well. Each time you will narrow down what it is you like/dislike about certain features.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    how did you find one in only 4 or 5?:rolleyes:

For $25, I think you will get your value out of it.

No holster is perfect. Most everyone I know has to get through at least 4 or 5 before finding one that really works well. Each time you will narrow down what it is you like/dislike about certain features.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It seems here, that most will "settle" for what they can get as opposed to what works. Keep your Fobus's, Fobi, whatever the plural is, rest assured, when it fails, and it will, you were warned! I guess if you are using it for simple range carry, whatever, it will work, but they are not something I'm willing to bet my life on. $400, $500, and up you'll pay for a pistol, but, to each his own, flame on!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Question

AS I said, flame on, use it in a serious weapon retention scenario, and it WILL fail! They are cheap injection molded JUNK pure and simple. Like it or not. Again, to each his own.

Glocks are plastic injected molded as are most of the "plastic" hanguns today. The process does not automatically produce JUNK as you mention in your response.

Do you have actual experience with this holster failing in a serious weapon retention scenario? If so I would love to hear about it. :rolleyes:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Glocks are plastic injected molded as are most of the "plastic" hanguns today. The process does not automatically produce JUNK as you mention in your response.

Do you have actual experience with this holster failing in a serious weapon retention scenario? If so I would love to hear about it. :rolleyes:
    No, not serious, just a few of my compatriots and I practicing WRT, and 2 of the 3 Fobus holsters failed, not to mention the numerous documented times of Fobus failures. Using the same tactics, my G-Code paddle did not fail(it's my least favorite holster of all I own), nor did my side-armor, even my cheap a$$ Uncle Mike's didn't fail. Injection molding does not mean JUNK, FOBUS injection molding does! Here is the first, NOT a serious training situation either.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDeKtgkZKmQ&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    No, not serious, just a few of my compatriots and I practicing WRT, and 2 of the 3 Fobus holsters failed, not to mention the numerous documented times of Fobus failures. Using the same tactics, my G-Code paddle did not fail(it's my least favorite holster of all I own), nor did my side-armor, even my cheap a$$ Uncle Mike's didn't fail. Injection molding does not mean JUNK, FOBUS injection molding does!
    • I will let you know when I have the holster and can inspect it myself as I was in the plastics business for years. You input is appreciated, your presentation leaves much to be desired.

Top Bottom