bladetech thigh holsters...good for 3 gun comps?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    Im thinking to get the Supertuck IWB for CC, but Id like to have a 2nd holster that would work for open carry around the house, yard, AND work for 3 gun matches. I have never done 3 gun, but would like to eventually try it out. Getting the right holster now would save me from having a stack of "failed" ones. I tried researching some 3 gun rules, and most say that the holster needs to be worn on the hip, and cover the trigger. Does this mean no thigh strap holsters? If these arent allowed, then I would think any of the paddle OWB types would be fine. I liked the thigh holster for OC at home and the yard because I dont always wear a belt on my shorts or pants. Any other solutions for OC at home besides the shoulder types?

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Unless it's Duty Gear, they're generally illegal for competitions run under USPSA rules because the grip falls too low. For Competition, I just use a BladeTech injection molded holster on a DOH attachement and it's boarderline within the rules.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Unless it's Duty Gear, they're generally illegal for competitions run under USPSA rules because the grip falls too low. For Competition, I just use a BladeTech injection molded holster on a DOH attachement and it's boarderline within the rules.

they are in fact illegal for 3gun, but ok for multigun. most of the "outlaw" 3gun matches allow them, also. unless you really need the real estate on your belt, like running trooper class, i think you are better off drawing from your belt. the only time i use one is if the match requires that i have more than one gun in use at the same time such as transition from the ar to the pistol with the ar on a sling.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Brother obijohn is correct. Such holsters are accepted in USPSA multi-gun matches, but not in USPSA 3-Gun tournaments (except as noted for law enforcement and military wearing their actual duty gear). Most of the non-USPSA 3-gun and multi-gun organizations and matches do allow them, but as noted above, if you don't absolutely need the belt space, I don't see the point.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    it took a while to research everything that was out there, but the raven was the first one that actually seemed to live up to their own marketing. they all say the same thing...most concealed! lightest! all day comfort! etc, but this one had enough real feedback to make the jump.

Top Bottom