• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kbundy5635

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    I saw a Winchester gun safe a tractor supply today, looks like a nice safe for only 699. Does anyone have one? Any one know pros and cons to this safe?

Kbundy5635

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Remman that is the one. That's too bad to hear they will sell that name. And no I did not know that was made in china. Doesn't seem like to many people have good things to say I will keep looking for one.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I thought they were going to be cheaper at Black Friday but I looked at that one and the other safe they have for about $100 less. Both are pretty good for the money. I know, I'll say it before it's posted a hundred times, it's not a Johnson but ya know, some people need a decent safe and can't plunk the money down or have other reasons for not getting one. It does have 7 bolts and the arrangement on the back of the door is pretty nice.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Electric keypad would scare me away. I like the mechanical locking safes better... but that is just me.

I'm with you on that. I've never had good luck with the electric keypads... I like the old school manual locks way better. They are simple, don't need batteries, and are EMP proof :tinfoil:.

Kbundy5635

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    That was my thoughts! All other safes that size are well over 1,000. Seems good enough to keep a thief out during a smash and grab. looks like a great deal I just want to know what others more knowledgable tham myself or maybe a owner of the safe had to say.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    If you are okay with electric keypad, it is an awesome safe. The only thing that sucks is it is grey (I'd prefer black). Things I like about it: exposed hinges (door opens 180 degrees instead of 90 degrees), nice door organizer, larger bolts than comparable Canon safes (not sure that makes that much difference), nicer overall than comparable Canon safes.

I'm getting one. They do not go on sale, at least I've never seen them go on sale (their Canons do). A couple of times a year TS has a Friends and Family sale where non-sale stuff is 10% off. You must have paper flyer, they do not advertise this in their emails if you are on their email list.

All the TS in MI sold out of these the weekend of Dec 9 or whatever (I was waiting for a Christmas sale, but they had the F&F sale which I missed due to non-email advertising of it). TS had 900 more in warehouses they were eventually supposed to ship. TSes near us were still out last month.

They weigh 500 lbs which is more manageable than 700 lbs or 1,000 lbs. If I collected expensive rare firearms I might want a $2,000 safe anchored down to the floor, but I don't. All mine are current or near current production.

drygulchstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    I bought one Sunday I liked it I like the cover on the door for more storage 500 pounds but wasnt too bad getting in the house. has lots of storge area like most safes some of the long guns are in tight. But I do like it opens easy you get to program your own combo also.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    If you are okay with electric keypad, it is an awesome safe. The only thing that sucks is it is grey (I'd prefer black). Things I like about it: exposed hinges (door opens 180 degrees instead of 90 degrees), nice door organizer, larger bolts than comparable Canon safes (not sure that makes that much difference), nicer overall than comparable Canon safes.

I'm getting one. They do not go on sale, at least I've never seen them go on sale (their Canons do). A couple of times a year TS has a Friends and Family sale where non-sale stuff is 10% off. You must have paper flyer, they do not advertise this in their emails if you are on their email list.

All the TS in MI sold out of these the weekend of Dec 9 or whatever (I was waiting for a Christmas sale, but they had the F&F sale which I missed due to non-email advertising of it). TS had 900 more in warehouses they were eventually supposed to ship. TSes near us were still out last month.

They weigh 500 lbs which is more manageable than 700 lbs or 1,000 lbs. If I collected expensive rare firearms I might want a $2,000 safe anchored down to the floor, but I don't. All mine are current or near current production.
    It was $549 all weekend after Black Friday. Kind of kicking myself for not getting it.

I'm trying to figure out if you can use the 4H discount on it.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Hmmm.. I was looking at Gander Mountains Liberty Timber Ridge 25 safe for $899 at my local GM.

I may have to stop by TS to see if they have that one in stock...

Top Bottom