• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Just watched american guns and saw this stock at the start of the episode..... Anyone have one? Or have a reason not to have one??? I dont even have an AR15 yet but I am thinking about buying this stock before they put a stamp on them or something crazy.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    reviews arent looking very promising... just something about full auto fire very intriguing

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I had one, didn't care for it. Had to hold the rifle loosely and really focus on making it run full auto. Pretty easy to install though.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Have you tried bump firing? Same concept, same waste of ammo.
    Maybe I'm one of the few on here, but I think full auto and stuff like this is just a waste of ammo. Might be cool for a few minutes, but with the price of ammo a few minutes is about all I could afford anyway.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    There pretty pricey about $350 if I remember. Ill take that much $$$$ and buy another gun or ammo to practice more with. And add another gun to my collection.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Have you tried bump firing? Same concept, same waste of ammo.

Except with the slide fire you can actually aim instead of just spraying rounds everywhere.
    I've shot a 9mm AR with the slidefire stock,very controllable, very accurate.

Maybe I'm one of the few on here, but I think full auto and stuff like this is just a waste of ammo. Might be cool for a few minutes, but with the price of ammo a few minutes is about all I could afford anyway.

Yeah, I think that's just you. Waste of ammo? probably, but it is fun..[/quote]

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I shot one on an Ak and it was pretty cool.. I think if you have a forward pistol grip it would be much easier to control. I was going to get one after I shot my buddies, but $350 is pretty pricey so I think I'll wait till all the hype is gone and they are about $200.

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I had one on my bushy. If you are into rifles, precise shooting, dont do it. It actually ruined it for me. I ran 2 mags thru mine and I lost all interest in the whole gun. I ended up selling my whole AR collection

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    just sold one. it was fun the first time out shooting with it and then you realize you cant afford to shoot it. at most a 5 min installation and your ready to go. your best bet would be to get a smith and wesson m&p 1522, put a 3 lb. trigger in it and put the slide fire on it. would be way cheaper to shoot (and yes it works for the people thats gonna get on here and say it wont, ive seen it in person work fine and you can also do a search on youtube).

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've got a freinds that I'm trying to help him get it right, it takes a 3lb trigger for any novice to do it, with technique I think hevier triggers will work, but they do run through the ammo, heat up the barrel, and put a lot of wear on your gun, I think in one gun I've seen the bumping fire caused extra wear that may have lead to exessive wear on the trigger/hammer sear area and the gun got into a combinaltion bumpfire and hammer following,

I'm not a gun smith I''m jsut throwing out my B.S. The guy did a lot of tinkering with the inner parts before this issue popped up, It could have been that the sear was going to give out sooner or later, but the slide fire stock for sure made it sooner IMHO

But heres my 2 cents on the slide fire

They do work

They are fun

They eat ammo

They put a bunch of wear on your gun.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I tried to put it a buddies on my MP15-22 and my trigger wasn't light enough and with my limited experience I couldn't get anything except a couple doubles

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have one on a M&P 15-22 (its work perfectly) you need to lighten the trigger up and, throw some gun oil (ZB) on your ammo...

You should see the look on folks faces when I let a 30 round mag go at an indoor range.... just totally makes their jaws drop...

If you are going to do it... put it on the 22... to me it's way more fun and cheaper to enjoy!

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Had one on my AK. Tons of fun but I don't leave it on there. You can keep a 30 rounds on a silhouette at 25 meters, but the stock is uncomfortable if you do much prone shooting.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    got one for my AR and AK......have a 22LR upper on the AR and i can dump a BLACKDOG 50rd drum or 2 to 10 rd bursts......i found a 3lb timmy trigger and lighter firin' pin spring did the trick....

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Other than the stock being somewhat cost prohibitive, is there any reason it wouldn't work on one of those 10/22 chassis systems, that use AR stocks? Anybody done it?

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Other than the stock being somewhat cost prohibitive, is there any reason it wouldn't work on one of those 10/22 chassis systems, that use AR stocks? Anybody done it?

I tried it on a 10/22 it worked ok, but not good enough for me to leave it on there. I have a buddy that has one on his 10/22 that runs great. The slide fire company based out of Columbus makes a 10/22 specific stock system that works pretty good. I think it's like $500 though. The .22 just doesn't have the recoil to make it function perfectly. I have on a M&P 15-22 with a Jard 1.5# trigger and it works pretty good. My buddy has the exact same gun, trigger, foregrip and everything else. With his I can do full mag dumps everytime. Go figure

As far as the bump stock as a whole....waste of ammo and harder on you gun probably so. Anybody that says they don't function on a .223/5.56 just needs about 2 mins practice. It's super easy and tons of fun. I own 4 of them and have 2 aluminum ones on order.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Have one on my 9mm AR and think it's a blast.

I love the waste of ammo coments, IMO it's like driving a gas guzzler, if you can afford it go for it and enjoy it!

Top Bottom