• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpha0486

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    New Palestine
    I have a CMMG 20 inch in 1x7. I am looking for a scope to mount that will be accurate out to 500 yards. I am looking for one with a BDC that would work well with 62 grain LC. Very familiar with the ACOG, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    BDC? Then you are limiting yourself on ammo and at a certain density altitude. I'd recommend getting a mil-bar or moa-bar style scope. A la vortex viper or nightforce or vortex razor depending on budget, or schmidt and bender.

I have a USO 5-25 on my 16" SPR, it may be heavy but it does a great job at distance.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    To my mind, a 2.5-10x Vortex MOA/MOA or higher magnification scope with similar reticle would be best.

My problem w/ the BDCs is that they never seem to quite fit MY rifle and MY ammo and I most of the time the MOA or MIL dimensions are a pain to remember when you have to manually calculate a drop for an intermediate range.

The easiest BDCs I have found to adjust to are Vortex's (on their Diamondback, Crossfire, Crossfire II, and Viper lines, IIRC, which are at 1.5,4.5,7.5, and 11 MOA) and Swarovski's (which is in 0.5MIL increments.)

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom