• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Ok, I'm looking for a compact laser for the AR. Who has one and what type do you prefer? Don't wanna hear about the $2000 laser a friend of your cousin has. I'm not rich, so a nice affordable one is what I'm after.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Other than a Dbal, i haven't used one that DIDN'T suck. Most cheaper lasers don't zero well or hold it. To me, i can't justify owning an expensive one.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    VIRIDIAN wins. I have it hooked up with the night scope. I can tell you, it will hit the mark at 225 yards in pitch dark. Watch out little piggies and yotes.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure alot of you will laugh, but I have an NcStar green laser. I picked it up a couple years ago for $70 when I wanted to try a green laser but didn't have much coin. (APRLSG). Although I wouldn't trust it to defend my llife, it has been abused and used for thousands of rounds and has never lost its zero or failed to light. I have shot in the cold (10) and hot (98) and it has never given me issues. I put blue loctite on the adjustment screws once it was zero'd which I'm, sure helped too. At 100yds it illuminates perhaps a 6" circle. I wouldn't use it for shot placement beyond that. The coiled cord and pressure switch it comes with were thrown away as they are crap. I've never had the need to spend more when this does all I ask of it.

Spiorad-Fola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I picked up the light/laser combo from Viridian, both strobe at 3 different settings.
    Cost a lot though, I paid just over $300. Still, holds zero on a .45, worth it.

Top Bottom