Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Question Good Alternative to Raven Pocket Holster???

I just recently purchased a Diamondback DB9. I wanted a Raven Kydex Pocket Holster, but they don't make holsters for this pistol.

Does anyone have any recomendations on other companies who make good kydex pocket holsters for this pistol?
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Plinker

User Info Menu

Is don't own one but I have heard that Alabama holsters make awesome holster. Also aholster.com makes good one and their wait isn't very long.

User Info Menu

Raven will make you a holster for ANY gun if you bring it to them at the Indy1500.

User Info Menu

I would second the thought of bringing it to the 1500 for a custom fit. Get there early! You might also consider the Raven Vanguard.

I use one on my LCP and am very confident in it's security. The trigger is well protected and you have less bulk in your pocket. As with any pocket holster, regular, frequent cleaning in a must as lint builds up quickly.
    “Go tell the Spartans, travelers passing by, that here, obedient to their laws we lie.”

"Before you say something about the barbecue sauce on somebody else's shirt, take a look at the barbecue sauce on your own shirt" Kid President

User Info Menu

Driving to the 1500 does not seem cost effective. Not only would it be very difficult to find a day off, but I would need to drive 2 1/2 hours there and 2 1/2 hours back. The cost of gas that is added to the total price would make it cost prohibitive.

Any other suggestions besides Raven?
    Last edited by worddoer; 07-02-2012 at 19:15.
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

User Info Menu

I have a Home - RKBA Holsters for my DB9. they make them a little tight, but it comes with instructions to put a dress sock over it and holster it overnight to loosen it up. I like mine for $35 +shipping. (there are pics in the classifieds as I am selling my DB9 right now)

User Info Menu

Not kydex: But I love my Mika pocket holster for my J-frame.

It's leather - but still quite thin and VERY well made. Stylish, too, if that counts for anything in a pocket holster.

-J-

User Info Menu

Update version of the Vanguard was just released.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/raven...87084001340637

User Info Menu

DeSantis has a few options. I like the Nemesis.

POCKET HOLSTERS — DeSantis Holster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turnerdye1 View Post
    Update version of the Vanguard was just released.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/raven...87084001340637
    It's still only for Glocks, so it wouldn't help the OP in search for a holster for his DB9. They would probably make a regular vanguard for him though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast