• ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    All:

If you have the chance, check out Contact! Concealment on Facebook. Kydex holsters made to order, I have a holster for my pet D&L Sports 1911 and a single cuff case on order. The artist's name is Bruce Weiler, and from what I have heard, his holsters are quality stuff. I will report my impressions when mine is delivered.

He does OWB, IWB, mags, etc.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I think most of his holsters are in the $70.00 range. He should have a website up this week, ContactConcealment.com or something like that.

Look for Contact! Concealment on Facebook.

In fact, he's having a free holster draw, was one holster, now two for 200 "likes".

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Website looks good. However, when looking at their "disclaimer and warranty", I noticed this statement.
    "Carrying any handgun with a live cartridge in the chamber immediately in front of the firing pin may cause negligent discharge. Single action revolvers and some semi-automatic pistols should be carried with the hammer or firing pin resting on an empty chamber.".
    I don't really know how I feel with them advertising that you shouldn't carry with one in the chamber. Maybe it just releases them from all liability?

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    If one reads any of the owner's manuals of usually any firearm, similar statements are contained within.

Product liability lawyers on both sides make money from this. Mainly, the LTWS attorneys, however.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I believe either Michigan City or Wanatah. I'm not sure where his shop is.

It's in Michigan City.

He is the one that made these sheaths for me a few months ago. They're dead simple and built well. They are exactly what I wanted (and from the time he got the knives to the time I got the sheaths was about five hours :laugh:).

BHK2-M.jpg

Busse1-M.jpg

His gear is solid and really has been tested hard. The owner is a friend of mine and I know how particular he is about anything he does.

By the way, I'm not trying to sell his gear for him. I still carry Raven stuff, but wouldn't hesitate to use his holsters (I just have mine already). I do get to see a lot of his holsters and other things he's made and I like how a lot of it is thought out and put together. I've seen a lot of crappy kydex holsters around. His are not.

ShadowHouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Hoosierland
    Thanks for the plug SGT11 and the pics Gabe. Yes, the empty chamber stuff is all legal speak for liability purposes. I have never carried with an empty chamber... I have been carrying for 21 years and have been shooting for over 30. Through my military/LE and EDC experience I knew what/how I wanted my equipment set up. Got tired of the cookie cutter off the shelf stuff and long waits for anything decent and took building this stuff into my own hands. I have SOF buddies of mine using this stuff all over the planet now. I got honest/scathing feedback until this stuff was built right. After that I started making it available to the different FED, SWAT etc Units I train...and they helped me tweak out the rest.
    If you are MIL/LE there is a discount, just shoot an e-mail to Contact Concealment your mil/gov address.

SGT11...should have your builds doone by Wednesday I'm thinking.

B.

karoozin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Ft Wayne
    Maybe it just releases them from all liability? Have you read some of the product statements. That is one of the reasons were are where we are at. Now This does look like a quality holster and doesn’t look over designed.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Ok, got holster and cuff carrier today.

Excellent retention, weight distribution, straight draw. Holster even has a notched or beveled area to keep the manual safety activated. Holster keep weapon close to body, no top heavy "sag". (I have enough of that already)

Totally pleased. It works. Enough said.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I TOTALLY expected this to be another crappy kydex holster guy.

It looks halway decent.

Still going to have to go with Raven tho, so far havent seen a reason not too.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Well,

If you want to wait, get the Raven. Two guys that work with me have been waiting about two months for theirs, now, they were sent a message about a week ago as their holsters had a "defect" that was found and it may be another month or so before the holsters are ready.

I'll say that I'm a traditionalist. I certainly appreciate leather and horsehide.

I'll give my just due to B at Contact Concealment. This stuff is rugged, thin, and rides well.

I'll also tell you this: He even showed up and delivered my goods as he said he would. He did not have to, he just did. That's called CUSTOMER SERVICE.

When he delivered the holster and the cuff case, one of the guys I work with was in extremis, as he is going next week to the NRA Police Shooting Championships, and could not find a holster for his 6" S&W M13 revolver with the "Windmaster" type barrel. B took my colleague's gun, and promised he would have a holster made prior to my colleague's leaving next week. That's called DEDICATION.

Sure, you can pay more for a "known label" holster or item of equipment. Contact Concealment delivers, and stands behind their products.

What is that worth?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    DUDE! Where have you been?

Congratulations on the new business, sir. Your web site looks good, your gear looks good. I wish you well!

Thanks for the plug SGT11 and the pics Gabe. Yes, the empty chamber stuff is all legal speak for liability purposes. I have never carried with an empty chamber... I have been carrying for 21 years and have been shooting for over 30. Through my military/LE and EDC experience I knew what/how I wanted my equipment set up. Got tired of the cookie cutter off the shelf stuff and long waits for anything decent and took building this stuff into my own hands. I have SOF buddies of mine using this stuff all over the planet now. I got honest/scathing feedback until this stuff was built right. After that I started making it available to the different FED, SWAT etc Units I train...and they helped me tweak out the rest.
    If you are MIL/LE there is a discount, just shoot an e-mail to Contact Concealment your mil/gov address.

SGT11...should have your builds doone by Wednesday I'm thinking.

B.

ShadowHouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Hoosierland
    Rhino...my unkidnapable friend :-) Hope all is well with you.... Appreciate the comments etc. Last I heard you were running firearms classes...good stuff. Take care.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino...my unkidnapable friend :-) Hope all is well with you.... Appreciate the comments etc. Last I heard you were running firearms classes...good stuff. Take care.

Indeed ... Adaptive Consulting & Training has been in progress for a few years now. I think we're helping some people to be safer!

You should come down for a class at Boone Co again sometime. It would have been fun having you in the 1 and 2-man tactics class with Louis, especially to learn how you would solve the problems.

Top Bottom