• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Would like any feedback in the use of "shooting" gloves for pistol shooting at outdoor range. will use pimarily for 1911 .45 and 357 mag. I like the concept of the Pro Aim glove. Any thoughts?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    +1 on Mechanix

I have Eczema and the skin on my hands tears/cuts easily. If I don't shoot with gloves, I come home bloody. These gloves work perfectly and are very comfortable.

I usually buy 2 pairs at a time or more to get free shipping. I also prefer the coyote tan...but that's just me. This also seems to be one of the consistently lower prices I can find on the net. And they seem to last a long time if used just for shooting.

Amazon.com: Mechanix Wear MG-72-012 Original Glove, Coyote, 2X-Large: Home Improvement

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I use Black Hawk unlined black leather tactical shooting gloves for driving and range use. Same skin problems as some here and the cold just tears my hands up.

MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I just got some Gorilla Grip gloves for Christmas for working around the garage and I love them. I think I am going to take them to the range the next time I go and see how they perform.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on these. I'm super picky when it comes to gloves and these look great on paper. I can't stand bulky gloves that hinder dexterity.

I've bought 5 pairs... well, I gave 2 pairs for Christmas. They're thinner and more "dexterious" than any Mechanix I've tried, but I never found the ones you like... can't remember the brand. The fingers are shorter than usual, which is a plus for me and my 10 Vienna sausages. I also like the short cuff and he 550 loop to clip them on a carabiner. Just enough padding on the knuckles to dampen and ouchy but not enough to make them stiff. The pre-articulated finger joints actually line up on my fingers, and they're not just marketing. SKD says they're disposable, but so far they seem more durable than mechanix.

Military morons has a good review that he typed while wearing them, as i just did for this message.

Only downside is they're not very touch screen friendly... 50/50 ish... but no problem with a laptop.

Military Morons Protective Equipment

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Would like any feedback in the use of "shooting" gloves for pistol shooting at outdoor range. will use pimarily for 1911 .45 and 357 mag. I like the concept of the Pro Aim glove. Any thoughts?

I think it mainly depends on what you're wanting out of the glove. Are you looking for warmth on cold days, or extra grip on warm days? Insulated or non-insulated?

Personally, I don't use gloves when it's warm. During the colder months I use Under Armor's cold weather running gloves (Not the liners that Esrice did a review on). I think I paid $35 for them at MC Sports and I don't think I could have found a better deal for the money. They grip well, keep your hands warm, and aren't so thick that you can't feel what you're doing.

Amazon.com: UA Extreme ColdGear® Gloves Gloves by Under Armour: Sports & Outdoors

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I think it mainly depends on what you're wanting out of the glove. Are you looking for warmth on cold days, or extra grip on warm days? Insulated or non-insulated?

Personally, I don't use gloves when it's warm. During the colder months I use Under Armor's cold weather running gloves (Not the liners that Esrice did a review on). I think I paid $35 for them at MC Sports and I don't think I could have found a better deal for the money. They grip well, keep your hands warm, and aren't so thick that you can't feel what you're doing.

Amazon.com: UA Extreme ColdGear® Gloves Gloves by Under Armour: Sports & Outdoors

The PIGS are not warm, but they do keep the heat away from your hands.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Top Bottom