• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Ok I bought these NEW M-14/M1A 20 round mags, bought all 15 of them for $15 each, Parkerized steel made on US M-14 tooling supplied to Taiwan. Are these good mags ???

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Possibly a good deal... as long as you were not expecting close to milspec mags that is...

There are some threads (at least one) about these mags on m14forum.com that will explain more.
    But from what I took from the thread was that mags made in Taiwan were/are not from true US tooling. Not sure if that means they are crap, but again search their forum if you would like more info, I just skimmed the thread a while back. If i find it I will post it on this also.

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/127188-any-luck-taiwan-t57-mags.html
    Here is one for you to read.

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    You probably should test all of them, at least 3 times @ 20 rounds each.
    If they were new or good/used USGI mags, or new CMI mags I would have more trust in them.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I use the T-57 mags as range mags.... they work well. This allowed me to put away the 50+ USGI mags and try to wear out these as range mags. No they are not USGI but at $7-$10 ea. a few years back they were a bargain compared to the $30+ for USGI.

Id say that was a pretty good deal, in comparison, the Checkmates are also good mags and I believe they were appox. $25 +/- before the madness.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    yeah checkmate mags are still around the $25 price range. I just ordered some 25 round mags from them directly for $30 a mag and they will arrive here tomorrow. YAY! But they are good mags.
    So again, as long as you werent expecting GI mags and they work reliably, then I wouldnt be upset with that price.

Top Bottom