• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    How on Earth have I managed to miss this??!! I just stumbled onto it on Google. I've been researching it for the last hour and a half.

The run down:
    A guy from a S&W Forum decided to create a speedloader for the 15-22. He now has it Patent Pending and has released it. The original was white and had a manual button to lock the mag in. The current one has an AR style mag release and is dark gray. The thing looks like it works like a champ! Videos in the link below.

The problem: price. It appears this is still very new to the marketplace. The first posts from him about it were from July last year. So he's still trying to recoup costs from all of the testing, design, etc. Plus, he hasn't been able to invest enough to go with injection molding. It's being machined out of plastic. The current price is $85 shipped, which I can't quite bring myself to pay, but I'm certainly tempted.

I did some searching and reading through his posts on the S&W Forum and found that he posted last month (2/2) that he was working on a Gen 2 version that should sell for $40-$50. At that price, I'd be all sorts of in assuming it still works as well as the original seems to.

I guess this post is to inform any of those that didn't know about it, as well as see if anybody has given one of these a whirl or has any feedback that I'm unaware of. I think at this point, I'm going to wait it out for the proposed Gen 2.

Since I know someone is going to be soooooo excited that I found this for them, I'd like to let everyone know that I do accept 15-22 speedloaders as a sentiment of your thanks to me. :D :ingo:

On to the links... Tell me what you think!

https://rapidloadertech.com/RL-SW1522.php

Speed Loader for 15-22 Magazine

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Really, nobody is interested in this? I thought this would have at least sparked some serious interest with all of the 15-22 love around here...

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. I just heard back from Ben, the owner, and he said the only thing holding back the progress on the Gen 2 right now is the current political climate. He doesn't want to invest in it if the 25-rd mags are forced to be discontinued.

Top Bottom