• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Finishing up my build with a BCM socom upper and needing a good rear sight. Sights I have looked at so far: Kac 600m micro and Arms 40l sp. leaning towards the Kac because the the adjustable windage / elavation.

Thanks

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm a fan of the Troy Industries folding rear. Locks up solid and lays down low when not needed. I don't shoot far enough with an AR to need elevation adjustments on my rear sight though.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    If you are running a regular RDS, then give serious thought to a fixed rear over a folder. You get the best of both worlds without any additional movement. In all reality the rear apperature is easily ignored for fast close in shots, while the dot is easily ignored for those longer irons shots.

I made my fixed rear by cutting a carrying handle sight.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm a fan of the Troy Industries folding rear. Locks up solid and lays down low when not needed. I don't shoot far enough with an AR to need elevation adjustments on my rear sight though.

^^^This^^^^ One came on my Smith AR and it is great!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    If you don't have to have a folding sight check out the Daniel Defense rear sight. I've always seen them for reasonable prices and put one on my last build. Easy to ignore with an aimpoint in front of it, and nice adjustments.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If worse comes to worse, in a pinch, just use your RD like a big ghost ring sight until you can remove it. Assuming of course you're using a fixed front sight. don't remember what the SOCOM comes with. :twocents:

Bob

Top Bottom