• ...and so much more!
  • Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Hey guys I need some opinions.

I am shopping around for some new optics and wanted to know if any one has the Vortex Strikefire or a Primary Arms red dot and how well you like them. I have watched all the youtube videos and have read up on both but wanted to know what you guys think. I have looked at the micros also and would like to hear how you like them.

Fyi - I already have a Eotech exps-3 mounted on my baby and love it but am in need of something a bit cheaper to mount on the range guns.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Vortex has a lifetime warranty, and an auto-off, like your your Eothech. Nothing worse than getting the gun out of the safe, and finding you left your sight on, and now your battery is dead.

JT Meeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    I am impressed with the Vortex so far.. I purchased one back in Jan and no complaints as of yet...

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Thanks guys, I think Im going to get the Strikefire first then try the PA micro with a 3x or 6x magnifier (not sure yet on the mag). Total will be less than another eotech or a new aimpoint by far even if i get both. Like I said these are going on cheap range AR's maybe a AK.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    For a budget red dot look at the bushnell trs-25. I have one on a 22 pistol and a 22 AR and for the money they are pretty nice. I had a gen 1 strikefire and the trs is definitely built better than it was.

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    I can only speak for the Vortex Strikefire. So far mine is working great. I have it on my 458 Socom upper and have put nearly 200 rounds through without any shift in zero. They can definately take a beating recoil wise. I put a sub 1" 3 shot group on paper at 100 yards with the 2x doubler on.

I was impressed enough to get another Strikefire for my 5.56 upper.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    That has been addressed with the gen 2 versions.

I was not aware of that. I may have to look into the newer sparcs then. Do you have or know of any comparisons of glass in the new Sparc and the PA Micro?

Things I liked about the Vortex was that the glass does not have a bright blue lens color as the PA and cheaper versions do.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I like my TRS-25. I shot 1.5 MOA with a 3moa dot on that beast. Waiting on this flu to subside so I can go run it some more, but I'm really digging it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I was not aware of that. I may have to look into the newer sparcs then. Do you have or know of any comparisons of glass in the new Sparc and the PA Micro?

Things I liked about the Vortex was that the glass does not have a bright blue lens color as the PA and cheaper versions do.

I don't know of any direct comparisions. I don't believe the glass changed between the gen 1, and gen 2 strikefire and sparc

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I almost pulled the trigger on a TRS-25 last night, but went with a Nikon P-223 scope instead. Might get the TRS-25 to put on a 45 degree angle mount down the road.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I've run the PA micro Dot, Vortex Strikefire, and Vortex SPARC on my rifles in addition to higher end stuff.

My preference between the three is the SPARC. The Strikeire is too large for what it is in my opinion, and the PA dot isn't as nice as the SPARC.

Top Bottom