• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    Im not a mall ninja or looking to mount gadgets on my rifle so a quad rail is of no use to me. Does anyone run a magpul fore end? I like the looks and the fact you could
    add sections of rails if need be . Its got to be better than the factory fore end.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It's one of the cheapest and best improvements you can make to an AR with a standard forearm. They feel so much better than the stock 2 piecers, they look a hell of a lot better, mounting options for accessories (sling mount, flash light, etc.) improve greatly. Plus they're easier for on-off then most standard forearms.

They're $30-40 depending on length, really, it's one of the least expensive thing you can do to a stock AR to improve feel IMO

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Magpul does make awesome gear. IMHO a good value. Not cheap, but then again you get what you pay for.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    There isn't much other than magpul I would run on my rifles, but this is coming from the guy that currently has 1 AR and nothing on it is magpul. Lol.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I love my Magpul hand guard. I don't see the need for a ton of rail space that isn't used. I have a vertical grip (which the MOE just goes on without a rail), a flashlight, and a sling mount (which also doesn't use rail). I do have one extra short rail section for symmetry, but that's the only reason.

To me the Magpul hand guard feels better than anything. You don't have to cover rail sections and the contour of it feels really natural. There are those that like the quad setup, but I never saw the logic behind it. The MOE hand guard does everything I want and more on top of that it is way more solid than a factory guard. Feels like quality and it is.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The MOE forearm is a rare bargain in the AR world. I can't think of a better bang for buck piece of kit :thumbsup:

This is my favorite hand guard for the AR. I am not a fan of all the "race gun" type guards and I don't hang anything off mine with the exception of a sling. Some of them are actually uncomfortable to hold on to.

However, I may use standard floated guards on my next build.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom