• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am looking at getting a kydex IWB holster made for my M&P shield 9mm. There are a lot of online options but I am looking for someone local so that I can help support a local business and depending on quality of their work I have another 2-3 holsters I want made but I want to see their work or get others reviews first. There was one person that contacted me a while back about a holster but I incidentally deleted their message. I am looking for something comparable in quality and finish to Raven if you do all kydex or Comp-Tac which I love if you are doing leather/kydex together. Yes, I could just contact the large companies and get them but I prefer to support smaller local people whenever possible.

thanks

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I highly recommend Henry Holsters. Contact AMHenry on here. Great guy. Made a few custom things for me and I have helped him test out some early models. He is near Bloomington.

You may be able to pick up a few of his holsters through Indiana company (and INGO advertiser) AGS

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hooch holsters is owned by a great guy and ingo member who does quality work and will custom make it to your specs if you contact him directly. Also less expensive than other kydex holster makers. I enjoy my hooch holster.

for my m&p full size and my wife's shield we have kydex holsters made by "mills tactical" I believe it is. Bought them at USDS in greenwood and they run around $70 if memory serves me correctly.
    USDS sells both brands and others and can order you whatever you want.

i personally like my mills holster better because the fit and thickness is almost identical to my raven holsters, and I like that. But hooch says he can make thinner ones if that's what you want.

Good luck!

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I highly recommend Henry Holsters. Contact AMHenry on here. Great guy. Made a few custom things for me and I have helped him test out some early models. He is near Bloomington.

You may be able to pick up a few of his holsters through Indiana company (and INGO advertiser) AGS

I second this. Andrew Henry makes fantastic gear. I have three of his holsters and multiple mag carriers. His appendix IWB holster for the Shield is great. I also have an OWB/IWB version for the Shield. THis is his version of a hybrid holster. He also does just kydex and has OWB, IWB, AIWB options. Check out his FB page for more pics. https://www.facebook.com/HenryHolsters

He's just west of Bloomington.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I second this. Andrew Henry makes fantastic gear. I have three of his holsters and multiple mag carriers. His appendix IWB holster for the Shield is great. I also have an OWB/IWB version for the Shield. THis is his version of a hybrid holster. He also does just kydex and has OWB, IWB, AIWB options. Check out his FB page for more pics. https://www.facebook.com/HenryHolsters

He's just west of Bloomington.

I'll third this ^^^. I have two of Andrew's holsters and a mag carrier. Definitely great quality gear.

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    I bought an IWB for my G27 at the 1500 from Reaper Tactical. I've been very happy with it so far. I believe they'll be at this weekends 1500 as well.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I got my holster for my M&P Shield at the 1500 from Reaper Tactical. Nice holster. It does however release the thumb safety when I extract the gun. Maybe it releases when it goes in. I just know it is off when I pull it out. Not a big deal for me. Still very happy with that and the other two holsters my family has purchased from them. I'll buy at least one more from them!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom