• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am looking at getting a kydex IWB holster made for my M&P shield 9mm. There are a lot of online options but I am looking for someone local so that I can help support a local business and depending on quality of their work I have another 2-3 holsters I want made but I want to see their work or get others reviews first. There was one person that contacted me a while back about a holster but I incidentally deleted their message. I am looking for something comparable in quality and finish to Raven if you do all kydex or Comp-Tac which I love if you are doing leather/kydex together. Yes, I could just contact the large companies and get them but I prefer to support smaller local people whenever possible.

thanks

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I highly recommend Henry Holsters. Contact AMHenry on here. Great guy. Made a few custom things for me and I have helped him test out some early models. He is near Bloomington.

You may be able to pick up a few of his holsters through Indiana company (and INGO advertiser) AGS

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hooch holsters is owned by a great guy and ingo member who does quality work and will custom make it to your specs if you contact him directly. Also less expensive than other kydex holster makers. I enjoy my hooch holster.

for my m&p full size and my wife's shield we have kydex holsters made by "mills tactical" I believe it is. Bought them at USDS in greenwood and they run around $70 if memory serves me correctly.
    USDS sells both brands and others and can order you whatever you want.

i personally like my mills holster better because the fit and thickness is almost identical to my raven holsters, and I like that. But hooch says he can make thinner ones if that's what you want.

Good luck!

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I highly recommend Henry Holsters. Contact AMHenry on here. Great guy. Made a few custom things for me and I have helped him test out some early models. He is near Bloomington.

You may be able to pick up a few of his holsters through Indiana company (and INGO advertiser) AGS

I second this. Andrew Henry makes fantastic gear. I have three of his holsters and multiple mag carriers. His appendix IWB holster for the Shield is great. I also have an OWB/IWB version for the Shield. THis is his version of a hybrid holster. He also does just kydex and has OWB, IWB, AIWB options. Check out his FB page for more pics. https://www.facebook.com/HenryHolsters

He's just west of Bloomington.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I second this. Andrew Henry makes fantastic gear. I have three of his holsters and multiple mag carriers. His appendix IWB holster for the Shield is great. I also have an OWB/IWB version for the Shield. THis is his version of a hybrid holster. He also does just kydex and has OWB, IWB, AIWB options. Check out his FB page for more pics. https://www.facebook.com/HenryHolsters

He's just west of Bloomington.

I'll third this ^^^. I have two of Andrew's holsters and a mag carrier. Definitely great quality gear.

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    I bought an IWB for my G27 at the 1500 from Reaper Tactical. I've been very happy with it so far. I believe they'll be at this weekends 1500 as well.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I got my holster for my M&P Shield at the 1500 from Reaper Tactical. Nice holster. It does however release the thumb safety when I extract the gun. Maybe it releases when it goes in. I just know it is off when I pull it out. Not a big deal for me. Still very happy with that and the other two holsters my family has purchased from them. I'll buy at least one more from them!

Top Bottom