What is a fair offer for Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5 Illuminated Scope?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    So I was milling through my local shop today and found this older scope on a rifle. I asked if they would sell me the scope separately and the guy told me yes. Now the fun part....the gentleman that purchased the scope for the shop won't be until Saturday so they didn't know how much to ask for it. They ask me what I'd pay and I told them I'd make them a fair offer but I didn't really know what it was worth either. Best I can tell, Leupold discontinued this model in 2004. The quality of the glass look good (scratch free) but the scope had a pretty decent scratch on the body and other light handling marks. There was no battery in it either so I couldn't check the illumination. I could care less if the body is in "perfect" condition as long as it is still a quality optic. It has the circle dot reticle. I'm thinking somewhere in the $350-375 range is a fair offer but I wanted to ask those of you who would know more about it. So what do you say INGO? Please Help! Also please feel free to offer opinions on whether or not this is a decent optic (or if you would rather have another in the price range) or if it was discontinued for a reason. I plan on putting it on my Scar 16S.

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Good news...couldn't make it in to the shop this wknd but did get to stop it today. $300 bought me the scope and a set of rings. Cant wait to take it out and get it sighted in.

Top Bottom