• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just as we all know it is.

Just purchased another holster (Henry OWB for my Shield) + some IWB soft loops for it...at one site.

Then I went to another holster manufacturer and purchased a holster hardware rebuild/spare parts kit + two sets of some snap loops that'll make donning & doffing an OWB holster MUCH easier AND hold the thing closer to my love handles.

Then I booked my room for a training class I'm taking in August. Thankfully I was able to mitigate the entire hotel cost with my rewards points - got the cost down to $40/night out of pocket for a roughly 15 minute drive. Could've driven 30 minutes and had a "free" hotel using just points but I figured I'd stay closer.

$240 - poof. just like that.

And I didn't even buy any ammo!!

Please don't tell my wife.... :rofl:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    She'll find out.

I know... I know.

I have her blessing for the training class. And she really doesn't ever give me grief when I buy ammo (at ~$300/case....sigh)

I wasn't planning on any of these purchases. Just kind of snowballed when I couldn't find a Henry holster "locally". USDS didn't have any in stock and Henry's out of town this week so he couldn't make me one to pick up on my way near his house the other day. Then I was like ... well, I might as well go ahead and get those other things while I'm at it.

Three different websites - three different $80 charges. Awesome!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know... I know.

I have her blessing for the training class. And she really doesn't ever give me grief when I buy ammo (at ~$300/case....sigh)

I wasn't planning on any of these purchases. Just kind of snowballed when I couldn't find a Henry holster "locally". USDS didn't have any in stock and Henry's out of town this week so he couldn't make me one to pick up on my way near his house the other day. Then I was like ... well, I might as well go ahead and get those other things while I'm at it.

Three different websites - three different $80 charges. Awesome!

It doesn't take long to spend a ton of money, that's for sure.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Yup... My FIL has purchased a "blue" gun & four holsters after just holding a blue gun and saying, "I really like this one." His cost was around $200 for the lot & he still doesn't own the firearm or any ammo...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    boats are worse......unfortunately i like both

I used to be a lot more into photography than I am now...

And I could really get into knives, too. Probably would if I were single. Or rich. Or both... But I'm neither.

AND I have two little kids.

My favorite boats belong to neighbors. :D

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I really don't want to add up the amount of money I've spent this year getting into 3 gun. My first AR, belt, shotgun caddies, mag extensions, range bag... my wallet hurt now, lol. But it's been a helluva lotta fun!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    also very dangerous, as per all of the boating mishaps on here. I just feel so sad for all those firearms that keep falling out of people's boats:dunno:

+1, that happend to me, when the waves got rough, my firearms fell in the lake, as since it was dark whenit happened, I cannot find the spot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you look at it from any angle, what ever we take on is expensive. Yes, guns and boats and knives and cameras and on and on.
    I put in a wood burning stove last fall. I was going to save money on my gas bills.
    I got the stove in a good deal. Used but in perfect shape. I did not understand why the guy was pleased to see it go. Now I understand.
    $200 for the stove.
    $650 for the materials to put in a proper flu.
    $200 for a non-combustible floor pad.
    $300 each for 2 new chain saws.
    $150 for stuff to run the saws....just stuff.
    Do not want to discuss my utility trailer and gear to haul the wood out of the "Woods"
    I blew up my BIL spliter and put a new motor on it.
    Yeah, I saved a butt load on my gas bill

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    And I could really get into knives, too. Probably would if I were single. Or rich. Or both... But I'm neither.

This is dangerous. There be knives that cost as much if not more than guns and they accumulate faster because they're smaller, easier to hide from wives, until you get a Microtech Halo V or a Medford and spend 500-1000usd on a knife, that's less her finding out than her using them on you..... You're playing with napalm sir.....NAPALM!!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you look at it from any angle, what ever we take on is expensive. Yes, guns and boats and knives and cameras and on and on.
    I put in a wood burning stove last fall. I was going to save money on my gas bills.
    I got the stove in a good deal. Used but in perfect shape. I did not understand why the guy was pleased to see it go. Now I understand.
    $200 for the stove.
    $650 for the materials to put in a proper flu.
    $200 for a non-combustible floor pad.
    $300 each for 2 new chain saws.
    $150 for stuff to run the saws....just stuff.
    Do not want to discuss my utility trailer and gear to haul the wood out of the "Woods"
    I blew up my BIL spliter and put a new motor on it.
    Yeah, I saved a butt load on my gas bill
    Sounds like all the money you supposedly save by reloading. HA!
    its expppppppensssssive!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Then there's the upgrades and replacements that have to be just a little "better" which almost always means more expensive. Plus add on all the accessories you now have to buy for the new upgrades and replacements. It's more or less, the never-ending-story.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like all the money you supposedly save by reloading. HA!
    its expppppppensssssive!

I forgot to list the 2 new wood lean-too's I just built to keep the wood dry and aired out. Now the wife wants me to brick up the wall behind the wood stove.......:faint:
    And.....I ran out of wood when winter went sooooo long. It was so freaking cold and such we could not get into the "woods" on the Kubota to get any more "Wood"

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've come to realize a crack addiction is probably cheaper than being a firearms hobbyist. I'd hate to total how much I've spent on guns, ammo, and accessories just in the last three years.

Oh well, at least guns tend to gain in value. Can't say that about ammunition though!

It's like printer ink. When you think of how long you're going to have it guns aren't that expensive, but boy you just gotta keep buying ammo.

Top Bottom