• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have in my possession a brand spanking new Henry OWB for my Shield. Love it. Fantastic holster.

I also have in my possession a few sets of these from Raven: OWB Soft Loop Wings - Raven Concealment Systems

Unfortunately for me - these Raven accessories do not line up with the holes on the Henry. Not a huge deal - they're not the same brand.

My question for you all:

Keeping in mind that it's a Shield holster - would you use those Raven accessories attached at only one point per side? Would utilizing thread locker on the Chicago screws make any difference to anyone? Think it would stress the accessory plastic too much by being attached at only one point?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-J-

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I think using the two connection points would prevent movement, causing expansion of the hole and possible breakage. It's probably not ideal, but can you drill holes to make things line up.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think using the two connection points would prevent movement, causing expansion of the hole and possible breakage. It's probably not ideal, but can you drill holes to make things line up.

I have indeed thought about modifying the Raven wings to fit the Henry. But I don't have the little metal eyelets to protect the plastic once I drill. I think something like this, being a stress point, would need those.

I looked online about buying some - but buying quantity of 2 is impossible. LOL I don't need a hundred of them for $15... I need TWO. And then I need to know how to install them...

I admit - I did carry the shield for a full day of hiking with just one attachment point per side. Felt stable enough for McCormick's Creek hiking.

The holes DO line up at the bottom of the holster - but I don't think that I want to mount the wings that far down. That'd be quite a high-riding rig and probably get rather "floppy" since it's so high.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Maybe Henry can make something similar to fit his holster :dunno:

He can, and he has for other customers. Not a regularly made item.

Thing is - I've already invested in the Raven stuff (bought two sets - one for each of my Raven holsters) Was thinking about leaving one Raven set up with loops, one with these OWB attachments, and maybe use the other set on the Henry. Or something like that.

-J-

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Jared,
    I'm happy to do anything that I can to make sure that you can mount the hardware that you want. Email me and set up a time to come down to the shop and I'm sure we can work out a solution that doesn't compromise on either safety or functionality.

Top Bottom