• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CA expat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Just picked this up for $22 while looking around for a holster for cc.
    Got the model designed for the glock 26/27

My reasoning for trying this holster was that the ability to switch the clip might allow for wearing this holster in a variety of positions. I have a glock 27 and carry with the standard G27 .40 S&W mag in the gun and thought i could fit a G23mag in the extra magazine pocket.

The reality:
    The gun fits pretty snugly into the holster, but the fit is dependent on the temperature of the material. When cold, it looses its elasticity and doesn't seem to hold onto the pistol as well. As a IWB holster it probably should not be a problem.

As a thin framed guy I do not see myself being able to use this as a cc holster without significant alterations to my wardrobe (this may be the case for any holster though). However, due to the ability to move the belt clip around it would serve as a fine open carry option. By messing around with the belt clip I was able to produce several decently comfortable open carry positions for a right handed individual (could easily be changed to suit a left handed person, but i did not spend time with this).

The G23 mag does not fit well into the spare mag holster in that a lot of it sticks out, and it adds quite a bit of weight when fully loaded. Still, it is a great option for having a significant number of extra rounds on hand. The G27 mag fits into the spare pouch better, but I would rather carry the G23 mag as I most likely will not be using this as a IWB holster any way.

http://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Stealth-Holster-Glock-Black/dp/B0020HP40W

If you have an questions or comments please reply and I will answer.

I will also post pics asap.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    They are one of my favorites for my G19 carry. Just for fun, I also slid my G21 in the holster. Fit well. Same issue with the extra mag loop on the front. Don't care for the weight issue, and use an off side pouch. Have had mine for like 4 yrs now, and is form fitted to the Glocks. I use one for a 442 snub S&W as well. no issues.
    Great for price!

Top Bottom