• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Today I received a package from Cry Havoc Gear. They are a local company that makes kydex gear out of Anderson, IN. Their shipping time is stated as no more than three weeks, but I have been told it takes no more than 10 days typically. I got a Grim holster for my Glock 17. It is a IWB or AIWB holster.

Initial impressions... I love it! It is a very solid kydex creation, and although I didn't take my micrometer to it, I'd assume it's .080 Kydex, but would not be surprised to learn that it is .093. Like I said, very solid. I don't find the holster to be any more bulky than my Raven VanGuard2. What I do find different than the VG2 is that I CAN REHOLSTER MY WEAPON should the need ever arise! I've never worried too much about this with the VG2 because I think it's an unlikely scenario that I use my weapon and put it down before the police arrive on scene. However, if I can do it with this holster, and not have to worry about adding bulk, WHY THE HECK WOULDN'T I?! The holster also has adjustable retention, which I find to be a plus that isn't always available in kydex holsters (not unheard of though). The fit and finish of this holster is excellent, and the workmanship is clearly top notch.

I will try to update in the comments section after a few days of EDC, but I'm pretty stoked right now. I highly recommend you give some serious attention to Nehemiah Bailey at Cry Havoc Gear next time you go to order a holster. They are fast, local to Anderson, IN, and great prices! This holster runs $47 plus tax/shipping. To me, that is an unbeatable value.

(also seen in the pic is the Pocket Dump Tray from CHG, it's a solid, but manageable sized tray for wallets, phones, change, etc. and is pretty cool too. They run $19.00 on their site)

98bjie.jpg

2dt9evs.jpg

331lgzd.jpg

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I love his stuff. I have bought several holsters from him. I actually should be receiving my M&P9 w/tlr owb holster this week. I'll report back. There isn't a better guy to deal with.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Yeah he's been pretty awesome to work with. Takes care of his customers too.

After a a week of EDC with this holster I can honestly say I love it. I can even carry appendix with this holster, which I've never been able to do. It's got no where or stress points showing at this point.

Top Bottom