• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    So, I decided that I needed a new hobby. Below is the first holster attempt and mag pouch. I drew out a pattern and did all the work by hand. This is using scrap leather so there are marks on it but as this is for me I am okay with that. All in all not to bad, the retention is great, just waiting for a tool to come in the make the belt slots (I tried cutting them by hand on a scrap piece and it looked terrible). Any critiques would be welcome.
    20150929_181913.jpg 20150930_163136.jpg

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    How do you form the leather to the gun? Wet it and let it shrink? (2 flat pieces of leather...one soaking wet. Sew it...shove gun in..and let it shrink around the gun?)

Just curious how you do that. Looks very nice.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Very nice work, I would be interested in one like you have the glock in... only for a SW shield.

I can make them for basically any pistol, my only issue is that I have limited access to pistol forms at this time. So for some I have to either borrow the pistol for the afternoon to get the form done.

Shadow Goose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2015
    South
    Those are looking really nice for the first few attempts. I don't think my 5th attempt would look as good as your 1st attempt. I remember watching a Hank Strange video on youtube where he visits a leather holster maker, great video. There is something about a nice leather holster that can not be replaced by all this new high speed gear.

Keep at it!

Top Bottom