• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GNRHOSH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Franklin
    I usually wear quarter boots, 6", or 8" boots, so I am looking for an ankle holster that would stay in place when I do ankle carry. The elastic and Velcro only ones do OK with the quarter boots, on the 6" boot they tend to slide up, and then on the 8" boot they tend to slide down, but they all require and extension piece for me.

In looking for a solution I found a couple like this below. I was also thinking if it would be good to modify it with a Kydex like shell on the outside like a hybrid holster. Or seeing if there is someone that could make such a item.

Gould & Goodrich | B416 // Elastic BootLock Ankle Holster

Any thoughts or of someone is using the above let me know.

With regular jeans it is rough getting the ankle out, but slacks or some boot cut jeans it has not been a problem.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I researched the heck out of this and the one thing EVERYONE came back to was the Galco ankle glove, regardless of boot length or anything else this is what everyone uses and recommends.

Do keep in mind that the holster is located on the wrong leg in the picture you posted, it goes on the opposite inside leg.

GNRHOSH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Franklin
    I researched the heck out of this and the one thing EVERYONE came back to was the Galco ankle glove, regardless of boot length or anything else this is what everyone uses and recommends.

Do keep in mind that the holster is located on the wrong leg in the picture you posted, it goes on the opposite inside leg.

I saw that too... And that is from the manufacturer's website.

The only issue with the Galco ankle glove is they do not make it for the S&W M&P Shield and it has been a year since I started watching their site.

Top Bottom