Pocket Carry a Kahr CW380: to kydex or not to kydex...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey all,

I just picked up a new Kahr CW380 yesterday and I really like the way it feels and how small it is, but I'm trying to decide on a pocket holster for it. I've always carried my Kahr CM9 in a Desantis Nemesis, and I can't say I really have any issues with it, but I wanted to explore my options. The reason for going with the 380 is that the CM9 definitely prints more than the 380 due to its size and width. The Nemesis does a pretty good job of obscuring the outline of the gun, but I've heard some of the kydex holsters are better able to break up the outline along with maintaining the thinness of the pistol instead of added bulk of soft holsters.

I've heard good things about Alabama holsters, PJ Holsters as far as kydex and then Desantis for soft pocket holsters. I guess I just need someone to talk me into or out of kydex for pocket carry. I've never used one so I'm just curious about others' experiences with kydex pocket holsters. Thanks!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Well, you guys talked me into it. haha. I did what all great INGOers should do and broke down and bought both.

I went with the PJ Holsters kydex pocket rig, and since it has a 3 week lead time, I bought a Nemesis for the time being.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I use a nemesis but I'd be up to try out a kydex, let us know how you like it.

Top Bottom