Lakeline Fiber Optic sights for Taurus PT111 G2, 140 G2 & 709, 740!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/fiber-optic-sights-for-the-taurus-pt111-g2-pt140-g2-709-and-740/

Just picked these up and installed on our Taurus PT111 G2's. $39.99 and ridiculously fast shipping (S&H was $4.99) Ordered Thurs night 8/11. They shipped, from California, 20 minutes later, and received today, Sat 8/13.

Sights came with color picture instructions, took all of about a half hour to install both sets on the 2 Taurus pistols.

Quality looks superb, machined from aluminum alloy, and fiber optic rods are bright. Comes with red, orange and green.

Lakeline makes tritium sights, too, but @ $89.95 each they're out of our price range.

Rear sight is only adjustable for windage though, not elevation. We'll see how that affects things as soon as we can try 'em out, and report back. We're reinforcing our target backstop right now. Here's pictures!

This pic doesn't do the sight picture much justice, looks much better in real life

Attachments

• 2016-08-13 13.18.31.jpg
      2016-08-13 13.18.31.jpg
      319.2 KB · Views: 0
    • 2016-08-13 13.21.10.jpg
      2016-08-13 13.21.10.jpg
      223.6 KB · Views: 0

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Thanks for posting up about these. I have been seriously thinking about getting a set. My main concern was how difficult/easy the installation would be but from everyone that has bought them, it sounds pretty easy.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    I wish I'd thought to take pictures during the install!

I definitely think it was easy though. Most difficulty we had was the rear sight, it was a tight fit to slide in.

The instructions for installing the fiber optic rods were pretty good. Remember not to put the lighter flame too close to the rod when you seal it, my sights look better than the old man's because he put the flame right up on the rods of his, dulled the ends a bit. Nail file helped that some.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    A new member on Taurusarmed.com made a video on installing the night sights, I forgot about it until now. I had thought about getting them but have decided I would rather have the fiber optic sights. I already bought and installed a stainless steel guide rod from Lakeline. Are you a member on Taurus Armed?

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    I already bought and installed a stainless steel guide rod from Lakeline. Are you a member on Taurus Armed?

I'm not a member of Taurus armed, but I lurk there lol. That's where I heard about the Lakeline tritium night sights. :-) They didn't have the fiber optic sights out yet.

How do you like the SS guide rods? Planning to get a pair of those from Lakeline as well.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I like the guide rod. I wasn't having any problems with mine and it was cheap enough plus it looks better. The hardest part is compressing the springs. Alfonse should make pretty good money since he's the only one making sights and guide rods for the G2. I know it seems like there are a hell of a lot of those guns sold. I don't mind spending some cash for sights and all since its a great little gun for the price.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Haven't had any issues with our guide rods, either, but like you said they're not expensive, so it seems like a good preemptive upgrade.

Haven't had any issues at all with either of our G2's, actually. The old man bought one for me in 2013, and he likes it so much that I bought him one for Father's day this year!

The original sights do suck though, I'm definitely glad someone finally decided to make a good replacement set. I had to do a bit of searching over time to find these. I don't mind the price we paid at all, either, they're great quality little sights. I'm happy to help get the word out about them and Lakeline :-)

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I thought about posting up about them over here but not many people like/will admit to liking the gun here. I know most people think Taurus guns are unreliable but I have about 800 rounds through mine, I bought it used, and have never had a problem with mine at all. The one time someone else did was because he limp wristed it.
    The original sights do suck, whoever was the original owner of mine painted all three dots a dull orange. I have just been too lazy to repaint them and probably won't since I plan on getting the fiber optic sights.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    I thought about repainting the dots on our sights with glow in the dark paint. The original paint wore off really quick. As bad as the originals were though, I really wanted new sights. Paint would have been a last resort.

We just took both pistols out and tested the sights, happy to report that they're as awesome as they look! I didn't need to adjust mine at all, hub's was dialed in with about 4 shots. They're so easy to see, I've got bad eyesight so that's really important to me.

I hadn't even heard about all the Taurus hate until after I got mine. We're put hundreds of rounds through ours also, all different kinds and quality of ammo, without a hiccup caused by the guns themselves.

I won't begrudge anyone their brand prejudices/preferences, though, like I won't buy Ford vehicles because I've had the worst luck with them. Seems to me, the cheaper something costs, the more likely people are to complain about it if it fails in some way. It's hard not to equate price with quality, but I sure do love to find quality budget stuff, I can't afford to pay top dollar for every purchase I make.

Top Bottom