Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    No problems using a EoTech with my astigmatism.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by SMiller View Post
    No problems using a EoTech with my astigmatism.
    Eotech's are the worst for me, I didn't know I had an astigmatism until I got an eotech.

Plinker
    Vortex Strikefire II has been working fine for me, with severe astigmatism in my dominant eye. Ringing 1/3 size torso steel at 100 yds all day long with both eyes open. With a bit of searching, it can be had for around $150 with mount included. It can be a red or green dot, and I find that the green seems quicker for me to pick up in bright conditions.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not"

Grandmaster
    I don't have astigmatism and I had this issue, turned out that I was slightly near sighted, now with my glasses on the dot is clear and round, even on the cheap red dots.

I fight this....
    astigmatism contacts are weighted to get correct orientation. sometimes as the eyes dry out, or you just blink, they change orientation. that changes how I see the dot considerably. I've seen as much as a 2moa change in POI. I chased the zero for a while until I realized what was going on. I can still make solid hits to 200 which is all I really cared about w/ my SBR, but it has me thinking about going to a 1-4. I really like the light weight and durability of the T1, so I'm putting up with it...

-rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Quote Originally Posted by JollyMon View Post
    So I have an astigmatism on my right eye. When I look through my aimpoint t1, the dot isnt a clear crisp dot, but to me looks more like a line similar to a slash \ ..... I know its not the optic as I can go support hand and eye and the dot looks crisp.....

This happens to me on all red dots that I own including multiple aimpoint t1s and trijicon rmr, so even on higher end red dots you might not get a crisp dot.
    I have this same issue. With my strong eye, the dots are actually a slash with the upper left being brighter. I just use that as my aiming point and have never had an issue. I tried looking through the red dots with my other eye, but it's actually worse. Turning the brightness down as low as it can be while still seeing the dot makes a huge difference.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

All my guns wear scopes because of my astigmatism. I can get by with a dot if I have to. Looks like a starburst or a big hazy red spider web. Eotech really sucked for me.

I have yet to find a decent prism with a reticle I liked. Will look into the spitfire. Also wanted to look through an ACOG or an illuminated scope.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

It's crazy how different things look to different people. Astigmatism is a cornea shape caused problem and we're all different. My EOTech looks really good to me. I don't know what was done differently in the new Sig red dot but that dot looks pretty good to me as well. I'd like to hear what you other astigmatism brothers think of that one.

I have a slight astigmatism in my right eye. Had LASIK a few years ago. Corrected the vision but not the astigmatism. I used to have a Vortex Sparc AR and the dot was fuzzy. I now have a Spitfire AR and really like it. The reticle has a 140 MOA outer ring, a 44 MOA inner ring, and a 3 MOA dot in the center. I find it very clear. The only issue is that when I tried to zero it with the red reticle on an orange and white target I couldn't see the center dot. Easily fixed by switching to green. I like the Spitfire so much I just got a second for another rifle. The new one isn't the AR version.

As others said turning down the brightness makes the star effect go away.

If you are blinking and the contact is rolling then you need to find a new eye Dr., Correct astigmatism contacts do not roll when you blink. Acuvue Oasis is the ONLY contact that will work for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast