• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I need some replacement parts for several of my mag-lites. While "Googling" I ran across a web site called Flashlight Sales. Their prices are less than factory price, as good as Amazon, and they have everything I need. A web search turns up very little on this company and before I order from an unknown I would like to get the scoop on them. They operate under the umbrella of an outfit called ALL-IN Enterprises LLC out of Virginia. All-In operates several web sites offering ammo, shooting supplies, knives, etc.

Have any of you heard of Flashlight Sales, do you have any experience with them, or any advice about them or the parent company?

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I have in the past needed parts for my Mag-Lites and have used these guys All Maglite 4 Less.com and backpacking shops like REI, Ems, ect. If you are unsure of the retailer sticking with Amazon isn't a bad idea. What are parts you looking for?
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I'm old, so are my Mag-lites and they do still make 'em. Mostly LED style now-- I hate led flashlights for general use, either too darn bright for close up work, or too little projected light for walking and looking. I am looking for white-star bulbs for 3 & 4 D cell, lenses, rechargeable battery pack 5-1/2D, and new 5 D cell incandescent light.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My Olight goes down to 0.5 lumens and will throw over 100M at max power.

I think you'd be surprised at how far LED flashlights have come. Lots of excellent options out there.

I'm old, so are my Mag-lites and they do still make 'em. Mostly LED style now-- I hate led flashlights for general use, either too darn bright for close up work, or too little projected light for walking and looking. I am looking for white-star bulbs for 3 & 4 D cell, lenses, rechargeable battery pack 5-1/2D, and new 5 D cell incandescent light.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I recently found out that Mag no longer makes the White star bulb. A new conversion bulb is $3-4 for one, the old bulbs were 2 for that price. Maybe this old dog needs to learn some new tricks and switch to LEDs.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you're having trouble with LED's, you're just not trying the right ones.

If you're sensitive to that blinding blue light that a lot of them have, try a neutral LED version. Olight and Zebralight make great neutral LED's.
    If you're sensitive to having too much of a hot spot that looks too bright and you want more spill, look for something with a floody head or with a larger angle specified for the hot spot.
    If you think they're too many lumens, you just need to find a model that has settings for lower lumens. Heck, there's ones out there that'll do hundreds of lumens (even over 1000) at full power, and they still have moonlight settings where they will drop down to below 1 lumen. I'm betting you looked at some of the tactikewl lights out there that only have blindingly bright settings.

So many options out there. The technology has come a long way since the days of maglites.

I recently found out that Mag no longer makes the White star bulb. A new conversion bulb is $3-4 for one, the old bulbs were 2 for that price. Maybe this old dog needs to learn some new tricks and switch to LEDs.

Top Bottom