Vortex PST gen 2 and Diamondback Tactical hit the streets.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I bumped an old thread, but figured I would get more views here. Tomorrow the first shipment of PST gen 2's land at the shop. Some of the SFP versions will actually make it to the website after filling backorders. If you want in, your wait is only going to get longer from here on out.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Are there any uncapped tactical turrets with the TMCQ reticule on the horizon?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So $1k msrp for a 1-6 w/ no good fast reticle like the tmcq? unless it's got a dot with razor-like brightness, I see that as a fail... I was considering a 1-6 PST upgrade, but not with those reticle options...

-rvb

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So $1k msrp for a 1-6 w/ no good fast reticle like the tmcq? unless it's got a dot with razor-like brightness, I see that as a fail... I was considering a 1-6 PST upgrade, but not with those reticle options...

-rvb

They went with the same reticle options as the razor (minus the BDC version). The biggest complaint we saw about the PST 1-4 was the reticle was to small, and you couldnt use it easily for ranging. Like you guys, I will miss the TMCQ reticle, but you have to appeal to the mass's.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    They went with the same reticle options as the razor (minus the BDC version). The biggest complaint we saw about the PST 1-4 was the reticle was to small, and you couldnt use it easily for ranging. Like you guys, I will miss the TMCQ reticle, but you have to appeal to the mass's.

Yes, the lines were too narrow/thin to see easily. that could have been fixed. but that uncluttered 1-4moa dot (depending on magnification) was PERFECT for a low-power variable.

-rvb

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yes, the lines were too narrow/thin to see easily. that could have been fixed. but that uncluttered 1-4moa dot (depending on magnification) was PERFECT for a low-power variable.

-rvb

It would have been hard to fix, and still have the correct subtentions. IMO on something like the 1-4 all you really used was the 10's which you could see fine. Again, you have to appeal to the mass's, and I know from experience my opinion was not the opinion of the mass's on this.

I will say the TMCQ reticle would have been more distinguished on the 6x version due to the reticle being 33% larger.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It would have been hard to fix, and still have the correct subtentions. IMO on something like the 1-4 all you really used was the 10's which you could see fine. Again, you have to appeal to the mass's, and I know from experience my opinion was not the opinion of the mass's on this.

I will say the TMCQ reticle would have been more distinguished on the 6x version due to the reticle being 33% larger.

dot of .5 moa @ 6x (3 @ 1x) would have been sweeeet. For the subtensions, 33% would have also made those pop.

Is the original PST line going to still be offered, or discontinued? Might have to consider a second 1-4 first gen since my plan for a 1-6 has been squashed...

-rvb

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    dot of .5 moa @ 6x (3 @ 1x) would have been sweeeet. For the subtensions, 33% would have also made those pop.

Is the original PST line going to still be offered, or discontinued? Might have to consider a second 1-4 first gen since my plan for a 1-6 has been squashed...

-rvb

No the original PST has been dropped. The last shipment of them are on the streets now.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    They were availible to those who had a backorder earlier today. Those are not the type scope you get on the first shipment without placing an order well in advance. You have to keep in mind I have hundred's (plural) of PST gen 2's backordered through Vortex, and got about 20. There were only 2 or 3 dealers who even got any on this shipment.

After filling backorders I have a couple that are or will be on my website soon

PST 5-25 SFP
    PST 3-15 SFP

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Alan, the rumor is the gen 2 PST 1-6 has the same electronics as the razor 1-6, and as such will have a daylight bright red dot. Is it possible for you to confirm this? I know the reticle was discussed earlier in this post. I love the TMCQ reticle but feel a daylight bright red dot would work almost as well.

Thanks in advance.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Alan, the rumor is the gen 2 PST 1-6 has the same electronics as the razor 1-6, and as such will have a daylight bright red dot. Is it possible for you to confirm this? I know the reticle was discussed earlier in this post. I love the TMCQ reticle but feel a daylight bright red dot would work almost as well.

Thanks in advance.

So $1k msrp for a 1-6 w/ no good fast reticle like the tmcq? unless it's got a dot with razor-like brightness, I see that as a fail...

Yes, that would be awesome. I would order one ASAP. Just so long it's not "daylight visible" like the old pst 1-4, but truly an Aimpoint-like dot like the razor. Unfortunately, I doubt it would be true as it would compete w. Their own razor sales...

-rvb

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Yes, that would be awesome. I would order one ASAP. Just so long it's not "daylight visible" like the old pst 1-4, but truly an Aimpoint-like dot like the razor. Unfortunately, I doubt it would be true as it would compete w. Their own razor sales...

-rvb

Actually answered my own question. According to the Q&A on the Vortex site, "the reticle and illumination system are the same [as the Razor], the optical system and build components are different making it more affordable for those with a lower budget."

I'm really interested in one of these now.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Actually answered my own question. According to the Q&A on the Vortex site, "the reticle and illumination system are the same [as the Razor], the optical system and build components are different making it more affordable for those with a lower budget."

I'm really interested in one of these now.

Wow! I would also like this confirmed that it's as bright as the razors, but if so I'll be ordering one pretty soon!
    Strret price on the 1-6 pst?

2d2f5b639a2c1c325df804e537f6dc11980b3f353e96c378a6d4135e29673a78.jpg

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    It does have the same electronic's as the razor. I have not put a battery in the 1-6 as all I had came in, and went out same day. Street price on the 1-6 is 699, and as of this moment I have no pre orders so if you get in soon you get one the next shipment. Go to my site, and plug in your info, I wont charge the card until I ship so if you find one somewhere (not going to happen) before I can get you one you can cancel your order. Once the first round of reviews hit, this, and the 5-25 FFP will get backlogged for months with pre orders.

Top Bottom