Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vortex PST gen 2 and Diamondback Tactical hit the streets.

I bumped an old thread, but figured I would get more views here. Tomorrow the first shipment of PST gen 2's land at the shop. Some of the SFP versions will actually make it to the website after filling backorders. If you want in, your wait is only going to get longer from here on out.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

Are there any uncapped tactical turrets with the TMCQ reticule on the horizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Are there any uncapped tactical turrets with the TMCQ reticule on the horizon?
    No, they are moving away from that reticle. I still have the exposed PST 1-4 which fits your requirements.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

full line vortex dealer

So $1k msrp for a 1-6 w/ no good fast reticle like the tmcq? unless it's got a dot with razor-like brightness, I see that as a fail... I was considering a 1-6 PST upgrade, but not with those reticle options...

-rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    So $1k msrp for a 1-6 w/ no good fast reticle like the tmcq? unless it's got a dot with razor-like brightness, I see that as a fail... I was considering a 1-6 PST upgrade, but not with those reticle options...

-rvb
    They went with the same reticle options as the razor (minus the BDC version). The biggest complaint we saw about the PST 1-4 was the reticle was to small, and you couldnt use it easily for ranging. Like you guys, I will miss the TMCQ reticle, but you have to appeal to the mass's.

full line vortex dealer

Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette View Post
    They went with the same reticle options as the razor (minus the BDC version). The biggest complaint we saw about the PST 1-4 was the reticle was to small, and you couldnt use it easily for ranging. Like you guys, I will miss the TMCQ reticle, but you have to appeal to the mass's.
    Yes, the lines were too narrow/thin to see easily. that could have been fixed. but that uncluttered 1-4moa dot (depending on magnification) was PERFECT for a low-power variable.

-rvb
    Ryan V. B. TY56060 Come shoot USPSA w Ft Wayne Area Practical Shooters: www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

Yes, the lines were too narrow/thin to see easily. that could have been fixed. but that uncluttered 1-4moa dot (depending on magnification) was PERFECT for a low-power variable.

-rvb
    It would have been hard to fix, and still have the correct subtentions. IMO on something like the 1-4 all you really used was the 10's which you could see fine. Again, you have to appeal to the mass's, and I know from experience my opinion was not the opinion of the mass's on this.

I will say the TMCQ reticle would have been more distinguished on the 6x version due to the reticle being 33% larger.
    Last edited by 42769vette; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:54.

full line vortex dealer

Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette View Post
    It would have been hard to fix, and still have the correct subtentions. IMO on something like the 1-4 all you really used was the 10's which you could see fine. Again, you have to appeal to the mass's, and I know from experience my opinion was not the opinion of the mass's on this.

I will say the TMCQ reticle would have been more distinguished on the 6x version due to the reticle being 33% larger.
    dot of .5 moa @ 6x (3 @ 1x) would have been sweeeet. For the subtensions, 33% would have also made those pop.

Is the original PST line going to still be offered, or discontinued? Might have to consider a second 1-4 first gen since my plan for a 1-6 has been squashed...

-rvb

dot of .5 moa @ 6x (3 @ 1x) would have been sweeeet. For the subtensions, 33% would have also made those pop.

Is the original PST line going to still be offered, or discontinued? Might have to consider a second 1-4 first gen since my plan for a 1-6 has been squashed...

-rvb
    No the original PST has been dropped. The last shipment of them are on the streets now.

full line vortex dealer

Are you getting any of the 3-15 or 5-25s?

"'Gun guys' can find a way to get butthurt about just about anything."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast