• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Does anyone have experience with the Holosun HS515C? I am interested in honest opinions.

I just ordered one for my new turkey gun, because I like the reticle. It came with the QD mount, and has a low option or a 1/3 co-witness option, along with flip up caps. Figured if I didn't like it on my turkey gun, then I could put it on an AR. I watched some reviews before I ordered it, and they all liked it. It is supposed to be here Monday. If I get time to mess with it, I will report back.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The 515 is a package group that consists of a 503c all the mounting options and flip ups. The optic is very well made and is everything it claims to be. My brother and I run a total of 5 on ar's in 9mm, 556, and .50 Beowulf. It will not disappoint

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    from what ive heard primary arms is made by holoson? is it worth the extra money over primary arms?
    It looks like Holosun has kept the circle dot reticle and not on the Primary Arms, and also the solar cell. Could be wrong, but have not seen those options on Primary Arms red dots.If those features are not important to you, go Primary, if they are, go Holosun.

whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    It looks like Holosun has kept the circle dot reticle and not on the Primary Arms, and also the solar cell. Could be wrong, but have not seen those options on Primary Arms red dots.If those features are not important to you, go Primary, if they are, go Holosun.

Thanks for the reply. Imve been looking at red dots for months and am still confused as when i started. Between aimpoint the mro and now primary and holoson its hard to decide haha

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I know what ya mean, I have been looking at red dots for my ar pistol build. Too many choices, but I have narrowed it down. I like the circle dot like holosun has, and I also like the vortex line due to the quality they offer in my price range. Still havent decided for sure.

covert justice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Indy
    I bought the HS515C. I am impressed with the build quality and the circle dot reticle is very clear. It appears to be all that it is advertised to be. Time and use will tell the entire story. The solar option is very cool. I do like that it comes with secure lens caps hi/lo QD mounts and a killflash.

Pancake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a Holosun. I like it pretty well, has some cool features. I've taken it to the range a couple of times and it's held it zero at 50 yards pretty well. The red dot is pretty small and bright. I had been looking at Aimpoints, but the it was more than what I was wanting to drop on a red dot. Holosun, even tho cheaper, has still been a good buy for me.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've been running a Holosun on my PS90 for about a year and I'm very happy with the decision. 50K battery life. But there is a common issue with Holosun, the front lense causes a reddish anomaly that can be seen when a light source is behind the user. Wasn't a deal breaker for me. I found that if you have the proper cheek weld and looking through the optic center, the anomaly disappears.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've been running a Holosun on my PS90 for about a year and I'm very happy with the decision. 50K battery life. But there is a common issue with Holosun, the front lense causes a reddish anomaly that can be seen when a light source is behind the user. Wasn't a deal breaker for me. I found that if you have the proper cheek weld and not looking through the optic off center, the anomaly disappears.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but doesn't bother me. I just work around it.

for the price, Holosun and Primary Arms are good stuff. Better get the ones that can accept Aimpoint mounts.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I found a online shop that sells the solar model for $150,free shipping and you can get an added 15% off the $150 by using a code. Bot the circle dot model,just a plain 2moa dot.

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    Glad to see what people think I think I'm gonna run one on my ar. Does anyone know where some good sales on them are now?

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Glad to see what people think I think I'm gonna run one on my ar. Does anyone know where some good sales on them are now?

You just missed out, Primary Arms had them for $159 a few weeks ago, that is a smoking deal.

My suggestion is to sign up for primary arms emails, some great deals.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I have one of these and LOVE IT! I also have a Vortex Sparc and a Primary Arms red dot. I have ran Eotech’s and Aimpoints....would rather have the Holosun HS515C any day!

Top Bottom