• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Just got measured and ordered on from our leather local shop. Super excited, ive mever carried in a shoulder rig and just wanted to try it but a universal rig from MC sports was 60 bucks and an off brand molded to my gun was 160 with an 8 week wait. This guy says my rig will be around 100 bucks and will be ready in 3-5 weeks. Also its tailored to me and my firearm how cool that? Ill post pics when i get it and if i ever figure out to make photobucket work. Im hoping this holster will work well for summer carry. You guys like your shoulder rigs?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    It is my understanding the rig will be around 100 plus or minus, holster to apply to the rig will be another charge im sure. I told him id have him do one for my 1911 too if it comes out well. Its awesome to be able to pick the color of the leather and the finish on the hardware. Ill probably have him stamp my last name in it and maybe add a mag pouch later.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We had our church's Daddy/Daughter dance the other Friday. As I was getting dressed, I told my wife that I needed a shoulder holster...for the 1 time a year that I wear a suit coat.

I somehow don't believe that I'll ever have one.

I pocketed my 642 instead. (Yes, Kirk, I put a revolver in my pocket. And it was even in a proper Mika holster)

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    DLT33N5h.jpg

Love my shoulder rig probably the most comfortable way to carry I have found so far. I am using a Galco Miami Classic currently , if you are planning on using the rig with a 1911 the opposing side magazine carrier is really handy as it helps balance out the weight a bit. Also you will want to run the rig up relatively "high" really makes it easier.

I am thinking my next rig will be of the Alessi variety their leather is gorgeous and not super cheap so it will be a while before I get one.

Shoulder Holsters - Page 1 - Alessigunholsters.com

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    That galco is so slick. I didnt even realize they made a version with vertical carry. I might have just gone that route if id known. What model smith is that?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Thanks!! I really like my Miami Classic picked it up for a great deal on Black Friday. The Smith is a 360PD Airlite 357 magnum. Probably the best deep concealment revolver ever made imho. Handles the Sig Sauer 38 special +p really well also

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    DLT33N5h.jpg

Love my shoulder rig probably the most comfortable way to carry I have found so far. I am using a Galco Miami Classic currently , if you are planning on using the rig with a 1911 the opposing side magazine carrier is really handy as it helps balance out the weight a bit. Also you will want to run the rig up relatively "high" really makes it easier.

I am thinking my next rig will be of the Alessi variety their leather is gorgeous and not super cheap so it will be a while before I get one.

Shoulder Holsters - Page 1 - Alessigunholsters.com

Ill Also say every time you post an EDC type pic I am impressed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Been getting kinda upset with the guy. Ive been wanting to update this thread.however he keeps pushing back the finish date..
    one of the reasons i went through him was because itd be quicker than the wait time online. I told him i needed it done by the 20th.
    id love to share who im going through but dont want to break any rules by advertising for him. If you are curious shoot me a PM.
    i do know he does excellent work, its displayed in his shop. Ill update again when i have pictures of a product.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Showed my girlfriend today, she said why didnt you get a holster for a second gun on the otherside? A keeper girlfriend and an excuse for another 1911. Life is good.

Top Bottom