• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Any suggestions? I was looking at perhaps at an Alien gear. Normally I carry OWB but since I started wearing jeans once in a while my holster impedes getting my wallet in and out of my back pocket.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Put your wallet in your front left pocket. Having a wallet in your back pocket will result in back problems. Over time itll mess with the alignment of your spine. As for a holster i really like my bianchi allusion series suppresion. C clips and a kydex shell wrapped in leather. Also the neoprene backing is a pretty nice feature

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As far as tuckable IWB's, there is NONE better than the Milt Sparks VersaMax/VMII. They are only for hip/behind the hip carry, and you have to order the tuckable belt fasteners separately, but it is the be all, end all of 1911 IWB Holsters. Oh, switch your wallet to your offhand side as well, I thought everyone knew that? Hell, the Army gave a class in the 90's on Force Protection that taught either offside hip, or front pocket carry of wallet/ID, as well as separate money/ID locations in case you were in a "high threat" enviroment. Similar to off duty LE carrying a wallet, and a badge/badge wallet ID separate in case of a mugging!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    As far as tuckable IWB's, there is NONE better than the Milt Sparks VersaMax/VMII. They are only for hip/behind the hip carry, and you have to order the tuckable belt fasteners separately, but it is the be all, end all of 1911 IWB Holsters. Oh, switch your wallet to your offhand side as well, I thought everyone knew that? Hell, the Army gave a class in the 90's on Force Protection that taught either offside hip, or front pocket carry of wallet/ID, as well as separate money/ID locations in case you were in a "high threat" enviroment. Similar to off duty LE carrying a wallet, and a badge/badge wallet ID separate in case of a mugging!
    See that is the thing I can't carry off side back pocket. Normally I carry wallet in front cargo pocket, ID in smaller off side pocket and cash in another pocket with spare mag etc. This whole wearing Jeans thing is looking more and more like a bad idea.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    See that is the thing I can't carry off side back pocket. Normally I carry wallet in front cargo pocket, ID in smaller off side pocket and cash in another pocket with spare mag etc. This whole wearing Jeans thing is looking more and more like a bad idea.
    Ok, slow down, I've been drinking! Where the hell do YOU want to carry a firearm? I'm either too drunk, ok, yes I'm too drunk. I still can't figure out what you are asking? My recommendation was to switch your wallet to offside back pocket? Carry your pistol strong side, just at, or behind the break of the hip? Maybe I missed something in the OP?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Evidently, one of us drank too much, because I can't understand why you can't MOVE your whatever to an offside back pocket? Right or left hand, your wallet, if you MOVE it, will be opposite your pistol?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yup, one of us did drink too much! The previous two posts were supposed to be one kinda? Still sticking to the you have me totally confused theory!?????

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Evidently, one of us drank too much, because I can't understand why you can't MOVE your whatever to an offside back pocket? Right or left hand, your wallet, if you MOVE it, will be opposite your pistol?
    More info is in order. I really don't care to carry my wallet in in my left back pocket due to a old Hip Injury (metal rod,plate screws and wire) so its really uncomfortable to carry there.

I like to carry my EDC at about 15:30. Which affords the most comfort throughout the day. I usually use a 3 slot pancake Holster owb.

The problem is when I wear the holster exactly where it fits me best, it overlaps the corner of my pocket making it difficult to get my wallet in and out.

So I would like to try a IWB that would that sit about 15:30

Last edited:
    Top Bottom