• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There are the spring-loaded ones, designed to lessen stresses on a FP, and then there are "monolithic" plastic ones.

I have and use both kinds.

With modern firearms, they're not needed for dry fire practice - but they don't hurt.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If you find a cheap option please post it up. I buy them for malfunction and especially to help cure any flinching that people may have. When you get to running around "tap racking" the crap out of a mag someone loaded up you tend to loose them, and I would rather loose the cheapest option!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    If you find a cheap option please post it up.....!
    I have made some at the reloading bench. Take a spent round. Deprime and "prime" with a hard piece of rubber eraser, glued in. Drill clear through the case near the base (to help identify) and debur inside and out. Seat bullet and crimp a little heavier than usual (9mm). Paint red or yellow, touch up as needed. I keep 'em strung on a diaper pin.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    If you find a cheap option please post it up. I buy them for malfunction and especially to help cure any flinching that people may have. When you get to running around "tap racking" the crap out of a mag someone loaded up you tend to loose them, and I would rather loose the cheapest option!

Gather up some Wolf/Tula or other steel cases. Find or make some powder coated bullets. Drill out the primer and fill it up with silicone. The combination of the steel case & the color bullet will make them stand out against regular ammo. If you shoot mostly steel case ammo then reverse it and use brass for the dummy loads.

Dimitrivich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Unknown

FamilyProtectR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Bloomington
    Great ideas... thanks for sharing. When you use these in a semi auto, do you simply practice with one in a mag, load, fire, eject, and reload? Probably a stupid question--but I'm a new guy.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Great ideas... thanks for sharing. When you use these in a semi auto, do you simply practice with one in a mag, load, fire, eject, and reload? Probably a stupid question--but I'm a new guy.
    Look up pistol drills. There are many ways they can be used. Most commonly, yes use em for dry fire like that or as others have mentioned, have a buddy load up your mags with a snap cap in them where you aren't aware of where it is: shows real quick if you flinch.

Saminator67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2017
    Mooresville
    Gather up some Wolf/Tula or other steel cases. Find or make some powder coated bullets. Drill out the primer and fill it up with silicone. The combination of the steel case & the color bullet will make them stand out against regular ammo. If you shoot mostly steel case ammo then reverse it and use brass for the dummy loads.

That is a great idea! I will have to to make a bunch of these, I'd feel better about losing one or two.

Top Bottom