• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Hello all I'm looking into buying a iwb holster and saw a video of alien gear holsters and they look really good and Does anyone have a alien gear holster? They look amazing and made really good. Any input would help thanks

edicius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2017
    Evansville
    I have one and it's great. I also have a stealth gear that is a similar design but superior to the alien gear in every way imo. It is double the price though. That being said, I do like the alien gear and would recommend it. The stealth gear is a little more light weight, comfortable and better made.

edicius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2017
    Evansville
    You're going to sweat more with the alien gear, it's not very breathable. Again though, in that price range it can't be beat. I just like the stealth gear more.

LongGun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Columbus
    I have one of the first Alien Gear IWB holsters, purchased it about 5 years ago when I didn't want to spend the money on a Crossbreed (took the gamble as they were brand new on the market). Still have it today, and have no issues. They have come a long way since the first holsters they manufactured, and I've been a fan the whole time. Great company to work with.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I don't like any holster that isn't a full clamshell type holster. The single side attached to a backing tend to close up for me.

I wear my belt tight due to the weight of everyting the belt is supporting. I was having to push the muzzle towards my hip to be able to reholster. I went to a Henry Holster kydex holster about a year ago and been happy ever since. Cool in the summer too.

Comp-Tac Makes one as well.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have both a Alien Gear(Shield) and a Comp Tac(9c). The Alien Gear is very comfortable...but I like the Comp Tac better. For the 20 bucks I saved...I should have gotten the Comp tac.

If you do buy a Alien Gear(or any IWB holster) I wear an undershirt to go between my skin and the holster. Itmakes it more comfortable.

Alien Gear has free clamshell changes for life...which is nice. I wish I would have spent the extra 5 bucks for leather rather than neoprene backing.

The Alien Gear Clips suck in comparison to the Comp Tac clips IMHO...I will be buying some Comp Tac Clips to upfit on to my Alien Gear.

OH, Alien gear has a 30 day trial too...which is nice.

Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a Aliengear and its pretty good and for the money its better than most at that price point and they are well made.... I am a big fan of leather Da santis holster but thats me...

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have alien gear and comp Tac. And would always go with the leather comp Tac before the alien gear. I also have a revolution and like that better than the alien gear. Problem is comp Tac didn't have a holster for the cz Pcr.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don't like any holster that isn't a full clamshell type holster. The single side attached to a backing tend to close up for me. I was having to push the muzzle towards my hip to be able to reholster.

This is the exact reason why I went with a Blade-Tech IWB for my 1911. The holster keeps its shape,so when I reholster I don't have to point the muzzle towards my hip. Just a straight insertion with the Blade-Tech.

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    I have an old Comptac IWB holster for a gun I no longer own. I bought an AlienGear for my CZ P-07 and I like it more. Very comfortable. I also bought the setup to attach the holster to the side of the bedframe to house it while we're sleeping.

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I bought my first AG holster 2 years ago. I liked it so much I bought another a year later. My EDC changes based on what I'm wearing and swapping out shells is more trouble than what its worth. I had a question about the shell on my first holster and they shipped me a new one, no questions asked. They even let me keep the old on. So I now have 2 holsters and 3 shells. A+ for customer service. I do have a Crossbreed and a Shepherd Leather holster but they have been in the bottom of the gun safe for some time now. I highly recommend them.

As far as comfort, I have forgotten I had it on. Yard work, driving in the car, watching TV on the couch...It has never bothered me.

Indian

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I bought my first IWB Alien Gear Holster in 2014 for my Glock and liked it so much I purchased another IWB Alien Gear Holster for my XD Mod 2 a year later. I also have purchased Da santis lined leather holsters for all my guns and like them very much but I find I often choose the Alien Gear for packing. I often forget I have them (IWB Alien Gear) on and for me they are very conformable. I recently purchased a XDS 45 and ordered the Cloak Mod OWB and I still deciding how well I like it. When I riding my Goldwing I always choose the IWB Alien Gear.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Well I have a few choices thanks for everyone's opinion of the holster. I'm impressed with alien gear I haven't had the chance to try them yet lack of money and I really need a good holster for my 45, I wish Springfield would have given a better holster in the kit

Top Bottom