• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I recently received a Rossi .243 Win single shot rifle as a gift. I'd like to put a scope on it. This will be just a fun/range gun. I don't want to spend big money on a premium optic though. But I don't want a Wal-Mart special either.

Is there something around $100 that will hold up pretty good? I see some Bushnell's for that price. I'm not that concerned about lens quality as much as about it holding zero. It's a light recoiling round. I won't be dialing in wind and drop or anything fancy like that. I'd want a minimum of 3x9, maybe a 4x12.

Whats your thoughts and experiences.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Don't skimp too much,good optics make a rifle fun to shoot,I will recommend a sightron,I got a nice 4x12 with exposed target turrets,A/O from optics planet for a round $150 well worth it,I mounted the scope in Burris signature rings, very nice glass on the cheap
    Really a nice scope for the money

Google Sightron 31011 SIH‑TAC4‑12X40 AO

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I've had good luck with Bushnell banners. The dusk to dawn scopes. I have a 3x9 on my 223 bolt action and a 3x9 extended eye relief on my slug gun.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've had good luck with Bushnell banners. The dusk to dawn scopes. I have a 3x9 on my 223 bolt action and a 3x9 extended eye relief on my slug gun.

I just got mine in the mail today. Bushnell 3x9 Banner non-illuminated with a set of Vortex rings. I'll give it a try. I recently bought a used TRS-25 and snapped the mounting bolt. Called Allen and he said to try Bushnell. They shipped one to me for free. Good customer service.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Hope that scope works out for you. One other that is worth considering is the Nikon Prostaff. I have one on my Ruger American rimfire and the another does part time on my 9 mm carbine. Gteat scope nice glass and holds zero for my uses. I managed to get both on sale just above the $100.00 price point.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I headed out to the range today to get it sighted in. The glass was very clear to me. I'm not a high dollar scope snob (yet), so I think it will do. My first shot was on the paper @ 50 yards so it was fairly easy to get it set. I didn't have a whole lot of time today and really wanted to see what kinda groups this rifle could do. I've read some of them were horribly inaccurate and wanted to make sure mine was ok.

I can live with the results. This was with Federal 100 gr softpoint ammo on a sandbag from a shooting bench. I am by no means a experienced high power rifle shooter. In fact, beside 1911ly's AllenM .300 Win Mag and a old Enfield .303, this is 3rd high power (non rimfire or AR) rifle I've ever shot. The trigger is pretty lousy (heavy). I put 20 rounds through it thought. It's fun and a soft shooter.

Here it is all mounted.

Tyler4495

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Ive ran Vortex products in the past. For the money you cant beat those optics. Like others have said cross fire 2 is a fantastic option in that price point.

Top Bottom