• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I found two 5" round diamond plate pieces of steel on the side of a highway in Michigan the other night. (I had to pee).

Anyway, they are about 5/16's or 3/8's thick. I drilled a hole and attached some chain and now I have 50-100 yd .22 rimfire targets.

I won't be using anything more than 22 because I doubt these are anything other than rolled steel. I painted them up and can't wait to head to the range to see if I can make them sing.

I also have 3 other rolled steel plates ranging from 10" to 18". They have soaked up hundreds of rounds of 22 (never closer than 50 yards).

So I now have 5 free steel plates to sling lead at.

drumsscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carmel
    What a deal, That was well worth pulling over to take a leak...
    A good way I found to put my red dot's on the steel plate is too get a Big Red Cup and cut out the bottom.
    Put the cup in the middle and spray inside the cup and your done.

It's an easy fix when you want to repaint after you have shot up that plate.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A good way I found to put my red dot's on the steel plate is too get a Big Red Cup and cut out the bottom.

It's pink panit......and my daughter did it.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC

Now that's cool!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Took these out today to give them a try. I had one at 100 yards and was getting hits with my 10" MKII. I took a shot and watched the plate drop. So I headed down to see what failed. I had hit the bolt square and pushed it right through the mounting hole. The bolt was one I had laying around and wasn't the best bolt for the job. The head was flat, but pretty thin. I'll pick up some better hardware this week.

Other than that, they worked great. Hitting them at 100 yards with my MKII is definitely a challenge but about 4 out of my 10 shots hit the mark. I really love this pistol.

Endrin2113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Plainfield

This is exactly why I make it a point to urinate in public as much as possible.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Cool!

I had grade 8 bolts in my old 3/8" mild steel "22" targets. They stood up to everything except a 300 grain solid copper 0.50" doing 2,200+.

Eventually, even .22LR will cup those plates, but it will take a long time. I hit mine with a lot of 9mm and some .45 as well, and that made them last...less. :)

-Nate

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I just picked a a nice Toro mower along the road. Drained rain water out of the carb. Fired right up and sold it for a hundred bucks.

Ammo on the way!

Top Bottom