• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Picked up a 19 mos and I am planning on putting a vortex viper on it. As this will be a carry gun I need to put suppressor night sights on as a back up. I am looking at trijicon but am open to other options. I just want to make sure they are high enough to use if the dot goes down. Also interested in opinions on whether to go with white outline on the front or not. For the back I am planning to go with just the vials, no outline.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I went with Dawson precision. Just a red fiber on the front and black on the rear. I thought that less dots might better to keep the sight picture less cluttered. I am happy with my choice. I am running a RMR RM07 model. liking it as well. Contact Lacey at
    [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Gerbig's Militaria Inc.[/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]6209 Deerwood Dr.[/FONT]
    [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Lincoln, NE 68516

for the RMR you won't find one cheaper.
    [/FONT]

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    A little off topic, but not completely, what is the battery life on the Viper? Will it last long enough and consistently enough for it to always be on as a carry optic?

I had done a little poking around a while back and thought I found that the Trijicon was the only one with sufficient battery life for something that would be carried every day and always on.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    A little off topic, but not completely, what is the battery life on the Viper? Will it last long enough and consistently enough for it to always be on as a carry optic?

I had done a little poking around a while back and thought I found that the Trijicon was the only one with sufficient battery life for something that would be carried every day and always on.

As I continue my research I am finding the same comments on the battery life. I am not in a huge hurry to purchase as I plan on putting suppressor sights and a few other things first. May just have to wait even longer and save up for one of the trijicons.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    As I continue my research I am finding the same comments on the battery life. I am not in a huge hurry to purchase as I plan on putting suppressor sights and a few other things first. May just have to wait even longer and save up for one of the trijicons.

That is the route that I chose to take as well. Buy once cry once

Top Bottom