• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable one? I decided to start carrying one just because. I tried a Fobus its a paddle type and I swear it is like having a spare tire rubbing against you side. I have tried wearing iwb and behind my belt and it just doesn't work.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I use Blackhawk carriers for both single stack and double stack.

They sit pretty "proud" but I like how easy they are to don and doff and hold the mag securely.

Single Mag Case Double Stack - BLACKHAWK!

This is what I use for my G19 mags. They definitely are not low profile but the single stack version is slimmer.

They are very easy to reposition on the belt when needed. And as TF mentioned, easy to get on and off.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I like and use a DeSantis leather double mag pouch. It is OWB, don't know if your are looking for that or IWB.
    yes I am looking for owb. For me that is the best set up for 90% of the time. I am thinking the issue with the one that I have is the paddle, it doesn't position the mag at the right angle for me. I am a big guy not over weight by any means but it seems to tilt it inward so that it gouges my side. Plus its a real pia to get on and off.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I tried several OWB style mag carriers and just couldn't find one that was comfortable. I finally tried a Remora sticky IWB. Holds single stack, double stack, or speed strips for my LCR. I can tuck it in my waistband or put it in a pocket, especially if I am wearing cargo pants or cargo shorts. In cool/cold weather it easily fits in a coat or jacket pocket. And the good news is they were on sale two for $25 plus a free one for orders over $20.

I know you say you want OWB, but I thought I did too until I tried these.

Endrin2113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Plainfield
    I use a Black Arch owb horizontal mag carrier. It's just as wide as (tall) as my carry belt, and at the 8 o'clock position, I don't even notice the g17 mag that is invisible on my waist. Super comfy. They make 4 sizes for all possible carry magazines.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I just ordered a Safariland horizontal mag carrier. I will post something about it once I have a chance to really check it out. I really like the idea of it going with the belt line rather than standing up and getting uncomfortable while bending and moving.

Top Bottom