• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    My old competition works blue body is a fair weather training baby. She finally had enough of my shooting in the rain and has called it quits. Any preference in shot timers and why?

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    You are late, but appreciated Ryan. My CED 7k should arrive today. I do look forward to the compact size. I'll dig up your threads and posts to see what I learn.

Thanks again.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    no shot timer from the UPS man today. well, I guess its more accuracy shooting tomorrow... again. I got hooked on my blue body. Used it nearly every session.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    The CED 7k is great but I hate that it does not have a spring clip like other timers. I'm going to try pinching the metal together to be more secure on my pants pocket. If that doesn't work, it may be assigned to dry fire only and I'll pick up a different timer for live fire.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The CED 7k is great but I hate that it does not have a spring clip like other timers. I'm going to try pinching the metal together to be more secure on my pants pocket. If that doesn't work, it may be assigned to dry fire only and I'll pick up a different timer for live fire.

I bent mine to hold the pocket better. Worked good actually on the belt as it came. I've thought about sticking some Velcro in the clip to hold better...

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I bent mine to hold the pocket better. Worked good actually on the belt as it came. I've thought about sticking some Velcro in the clip to hold better...
    I'm getting a shot timer soon and it seems the 2 top options from what I've read here are the CED 7000 or CE Pocket Pro (II). It appears the former you must buy a clip and unless you're going to clip it on your belt (why wouldn't you?) that it may not hold on too well. I also read it doesn't like rain, and I'll pretty much only be using it outdoors. Thus, I'm leaning toward one of the Pocket Pros and see those used in many videos, however, the CED 7000 is lighter and you can see more on the screen.

Anything else I should know about either choice?

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I use a CED 7000. I’m about 4 years in to it and haven’t had any issues. I bought a case and belt clip with it as a package and that brought the price to around $130. Battery life has been strong - I usually leave it in my range bag and charge it on the way to the range. I’ve been able to go multiple 2 hr range trips before the battery needs to be charged back up. No complaints from me. YMMV.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    I use the Make Ready app on my IPhone 8Plus. I have yet to see any errors throw it on a belt holster and your good to go! I think I paid $2.99 for the ad free version/enhanced log.

Top Bottom