• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I had been wanting a good light for my bedside gun and onefor my AR for a long while and finally decided to bite the bullet. I originally wanted an x300 for each, but was leaning towards Streamlight due to price. That is, until I came across this deal...

m600 ultra and x300 ultras for $205 ($210.99 shipped).

https://bigtexoutdoors.com/collections/surefire-sale

These retail for ~$300. Lots of places like brownells price them at $269. But it seemed like a no-brainer at $205. They didn't even gouge the shipping.

Just thought I'd share...

-rvb

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks for the link, I paid just under $200 for my X300 on sale from optics planet before the first of the year but paid $242 for my M600 from LAPolicegear.

Love my U-A, like you I was confused and didn't know which way to go, glad I went U-A as you simply pull the light from the box, slid it on the rail of your firearm and you are good to go.

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I just got on their site to see if they still have the deal and they do, only problem is it is still $22 more then Optics Planet which is $189 free shipping. (5% coupon code) "twangnbang" (X300U-A)

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just got on their site to see if they still have the deal and they do, only problem is it is still $22 more then Optics Planet which is $189 free shipping. (5% coupon code) "twangnbang" (X300U-A)
    BUY IT NOW! Wholesale on a 300U-A is around $180? With MAP I'm not sure HOW OP is selling that?

RiNo6589

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2017
    Northeast indiana
    I just realized that I don't own a handgun with a rail.:(

Neither do I my friend. I have 3 handguns, and I decided that if a gun with a rail strikes my fancy, then I'll get it. I am just not going to get one simply for a rail. I can hold a flashlight in left hand while firing with right.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I can hold a flashlight in left hand while firing with right.

I had wanted one of these for a while... yes, what you say sounds so simple. But what if one of your hands/arms gets injured? what if you need to apply pressure to a wound on a loved one while still looking for possible threats? maybe need to carry a child away from danger?

I actually use the light on the pistol as a "backup." I still keep a handheld SF with the gun. It's easier to see around corners, less likely to accidently sweep someone I don't want to accidently sweep, etc. Easy enough to ditch the handheld if I'd rather have two hands on the gun and turn on the rail light.

Now on the AR, it's the primary. I did have a SF handheld clamped on, but it never felt ideal... The x300 on the top rail in front of the front sight makes it totally ambi to activate, easier to lock "on," doesn't get in the way of my grip, etc.

:twocents:

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Love my U-A, like you I was confused and didn't know which way to go, glad I went U-A as you simply pull the light from the box, slid it on the rail of your firearm and you are good to go.

I got one A and one B.

The A is great on the G19... easy on/off depending on whether I'm carrying it or it's on "nightstand" duty.

The B is great on the AR. Clamped on solid.

-rvb

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    So the smoking deal at optics planet ended and they are full price, went back and looked at the deal at big Tex and they still had it, just ordered another x300U-A for $210.00 OTD, cheapest I could find anywhere.

Top Bottom