• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I bought one of these to try it out and on the third trip to the range the back of the lip cracked. I only noticed it because the last two rounds kept popping out of the magazine as it sat on the bench. The first two trips I loaded and fired the mag six times with thirty rounds and once with only ten. The third trip I found the lip cracked the second time I loaded it.

Anyone else using these have a similar experience? Or had better luck?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Thermold AR-15 mags are IMHO some of the worst mags out there. I have seen them catastrophically fail at the range. They are thin, flimsy, and they break easily.

With the price of mags dropping (especially through online retailers) pick up some MagPul or Lancer AR-15 mags and be done with it. They will serve you well.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    For years Thermolds were referred to as Thermelts. After using them a couple of times the lips get soft and either crack or break off.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I just figured I would give it a shot. I was just using it for range time and had actually seen more good than bad reviews. I read about the "thermelt" name but it was on a page telling a story about them giving license to a company in Canada and that company used a cheap plastic that was prone to melting. I didn't realize that it was a general issue.

Top Bottom