• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Many of you know my history with night vision isn't good. Inevitably when I get some, I let someone use it and it comes back to me worthless. I let my pal Kyle use my stuff, and he left it in his kitchen powered up. When I got it back it had a permanent picture of his kitchen burned into it.

So im on my next set. These are amazing. Perfect condition. They're the Anvis helicopter NVGs and they turn the darkest night into a lime green day. While showing them off, a friend wanted to try them out. He has used night vision before. The wilcox mount is kinda complicated on this thing. As he puts on the helmet, he goes to pull them down over his eyes, striking the "eject" button and shooting them out onto the concrete. Now one eye powers up and the other is all black but appears to have a green crack running through it.

where can I get these repaired?

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    That seriously sucks. Especially since quality night vision costs some money. Have you checked with the company that produced them? I remember reading once there was some company that will sell you the parts you need to build a set of night vision, though I cannot remember the name of them of hand.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Tough crowd vitamink?
    It could have been worse?
    You could have cut yourself with a knife or...
    had your wallet stolen by the fuzz.
    Don't change your generous nature over some kidding or accident prone friends. I might want to borrow the next new NV set.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    VitaminK let me check these out after he got them (when they still worked) and I can say they used to be very sweet :):
    I think he just needs to let me borrow all of his stuff instead of his other friends. Let's start with the humvee, I've already drove it so might as well borrow it right? ;)

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Honestly TT has treated all of my stuff with respect which is why he gets to use it. After reading through this thread I kinda wish we were all together in one big house...so I could lock all the doors and set it on fire.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Having your friends destroy your night vision equipment is terrible, but I have to admit I couldn't help myself and I giggled when I read about the kitchen image.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Honestly TT has treated all of my stuff with respect which is why he gets to use it. After reading through this thread I kinda wish we were all together in one big house...so I could lock all the doors and set it on fire.

LOL

We only poke fun because we like you.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    You can reach out to wills optics in savannah Ga.

on a related note....I was assembling a pvs-14 and within 10 minutes of obtaining the Parts kit, I broke one of the metal contacts that power the tube. It was a costly mistake cause no one really sources that part.... so a 300 dollar mistake since I have to replace the whole battery housing assembly

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You can reach out to wills optics in savannah Ga.

on a related note....I was assembling a pvs-14 and within 10 minutes of obtaining the Parts kit, I broke one of the metal contacts that power the tube. It was a costly mistake cause no one really sources that part.... so a 300 dollar mistake since I have to replace the whole battery housing assembly
    Man you have the worst luck(next to vitaminK) with your NV! Sinc mine isn't furnished to me any longer, I treat it pretty lovingly, if the wife ever found out what it cost, I'll be treating it even more "lovingly"!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Tough crowd vitamink?
    It could have been worse?
    You could have cut yourself with a knife or...
    had your wallet stolen by the fuzz.
    Don't change your generous nature over some kidding or accident prone friends. I might want to borrow the next new NV set.

Don't listen to him VK, he's just trying to trick you so he can break your stuff.

Top Bottom