Night Vision IR laser/Illuminator....HELP!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    Hello, I am in need of a dependable IR laser and illuminator for my AR-15 SBR. I would like to keep the setup below $1200, whether it be a single module like the ATPIAL/DBAL-D2/DBAL-A3 or a separate IR light like a Surefire M600V with a DBAL-I2. How does the beam pattern of the surefire vampire series compare to the DBAL & ATPIAL illuminators? Please share your experiences and knowledge.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If your budget is that high go with a atpial-c which is the civilian version of what the military uses. You won't need more than that. When they came out pre-sale was 1100 or 1199 I can't remember. now full retail is like 1300 but you can find them cheaper.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    If you want to keep them together I would get the dbal-a3. I like the atpial-c, and has certain design features that I like.... but also are usually backordered 8 weeks. Hence why the dbal-a3 might be a better fit. Plus it has a green laser over the atpials red. Though the wait time might not be as bad since the mawl came out.

if you want to go seperate, I would say don't do it .

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    An advantage to keeping them separate is that you can upgrade one without the other...

Do you have an easily accessible place to shoot at night? Learning to move effectively under NVD's is a skill that requires practice, but it's not as much fun to maintain that skill if you can't shoot... For the limited amount of opportunities I have to use my PVS-14 and actually shoot, I'm satisfied with my CQBL-1 and Vampire head Scout. I'm sure I'd want more IR illum capabilities if I trained more often in more challenging environments like MOUT.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I have a 25 yard range at my house and do intend to practice regularly. I have heard that some units illuminate better than others, although all seem to lack "real" power thanks to the FDA.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Opticsplanet has the Crimson Trace Railmaster IR for $53 shipped today. That's the best deal I've ever seen. I just ordered one.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I like the atpial-c, and has certain design features that I like.... but also are usually backordered 8 weeks.

We sell and often stock the ATPIAL-C. The last two times I've ordered them, we got them in days. Things changed when we started ordering direct from L3 instead of through wholesalers. For those looking for one, timing has been pretty good lately.

The Minimum advertised price for the ATPIAL-C is $1329. However, you can find deals on them if you know how to shop. For instance, imagine if you had a local dealer that gave a coupon code because of a mutual membership to an online discussion forum. Something like that might save you $130 bucks or so... ;)

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    We sell and often stock the ATPIAL-C. The last two times I've ordered them, we got them in days. Things changed when we started ordering direct from L3 instead of through wholesalers. For those looking for one, timing has been pretty good lately.

The Minimum advertised price for the ATPIAL-C is $1329. However, you can find deals on them if you know how to shop. For instance, imagine if you had a local dealer that gave a coupon code because of a mutual membership to an online discussion forum. Something like that might save you $130 bucks or so... ;)

But where could someone find such a dealer? If only...

Top Bottom