LEOs using nylon gear, need some assistance.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    For any fellow Law Enforcement guys using nylon duty gear,

What are you guys using? How do you like it?

Specifically duty belts and under belts, mag pouches.

Pics are welcomed if you've got them.

Thank you

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bianchi accumold. In my opinion it looks better and holds up well. For holsters, Safariland is the top brand.

I'll second both of those. Love my Accumold stuff. Safariland 6360 if they have one for your gun (and light).

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Yup on the above, with a caveat: If you are buying and allowed to have pretty much anything nylon or kydex/plastic, there are better options for belts and pouches. Safariland is the standard for holsters. What's your loadout?

I wear an external carrier, with some gear on it. I wear a Tactical Tailor 2" belt with a HSGI Double Decker TACO, fold up dump pouch, Safariland open top cuff case and Safariland 6280 for G22 w/ TLR-2, with ITS Tactical mod (1.5" drop UBL and leg strap).

Im looking towards a AWS Light Assaulter Belt (LAB) with Esstac AR Shorty + double pistol pouch.

As for pants belts, I've worn the same 1.75" black nylon Velcro belt from Blackhawk for 15 years. That being said, I'm planning on sewing a new, wider belt with a thin layer on padding, Velcro and some elastic. I recommend a belt that you can cinch down, rather than one that just velcros across.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Blackhawk inner, Bianchi Accumold outer. I went with the "elite" smooth finish on the belt and it is holding up MUCH better than the nylon finish versions my mates are using. I have a hodge-podge of equipment holsters, some manufacturers are better than others for different equipment. You are right here by me, hit me up if you wanna chat about gear or look at what some of us are running.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I looked up the Blackhawk Inner belt, I noticed its a 1.5 inch belt (or at least the one you can cinch down is) I've always worn a 1.75 inch belt under my duty belt, Is the black hawk rigid enough to support the weight?

As for my load out it'll be a glock 22 w/TLR-1 in a safari land 6390, a CAT tourniquet, X2 taser and that's really all I know for certain that I have figured out. Im switching to another Dept, and need to get some gear purchased, currently in basket weave.

Last edited:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm on right now, you wanna meet up?

I did not have a problem with the bearing qualities of the 1.5" belt. Once the velcro all locks in, it i substantially more secure than the leather over/unders I have tried.

Top Bottom